cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing Collective Availability Checks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found following info from (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/f6/868b5313b311d3b74f0000e8359ebc/content.htm)

• Choose Information systems ® Project System ® Structures ® Individual overviews ® Networks.  Enter the PS info profile, as necessary. The initial screen for the information system appears. 
  • Enter the selection criteria and choose This graphic is explained in the accompanying text. You enter the required networks directly or select them via the project definition or WBS elements. 

The individual overview for networks appears.

• In the information system only a few general functions are displayed as icons. By choosing This graphic is explained in the accompanying text you can display the functions you require. If the availability check is not displayed as This graphic is explained in the accompanying text , choose This graphic is explained in the accompanying text

Problem is that i am not able to get the This graphic is explained in the accompanying text button ? any pointers on this will be helpfull.

Regards,

Jatinder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

Even I couldnt find the button but have a option for you. Enter tcode CN46 (not CN46N) enter network numbers/range and execute. Then goto Extras/Environment>Availability>Check availability in top menu bar to perform collective avab. check. Hope this helps.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Thank you Shrikant, this solved the problem.

In the new version of SDN i am not able to find how to give points to you, if u can help me how then i can close this and assign points to you. Thanks again.

Former Member
    0 Kudos
    Former Member
    0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

Thanks again for the reply, another question - is there a way to schedule the MAss availability check in PS, Maybe schedule CN46 etc or any other transactio to execute the same?

Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

You have following options:

1. Create a batch job based on FM 'CN_SH_AVAILIBILITY_CHECK_EXT' or BAPI 'BAPI_PROCORD_CHECK_MAT_AVAIL'. I think FM would be more suitable than BAPI for PS.

2. Create a BDC based on selection variant for tcode CN46

Discuss these options with your developer and your issue should get solved.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
    0 Kudos

I have tried those BAPIs. But I think those BAPI does not update all the required information which a normal transaction should be.

It does not update 'missing parts' flag in network components.

I think best option is following.

1) In first step, allow user to enter Proj Def(1 or multiple)

2) select all networks pertaining to above project definition using BAPI 'BAPI_GETPROJECT_INFO', (write this in program code.)

3) Run BDC of CN22 for all the networks for 'availabilty check' transaction.

This custom transaction then you can schedule to run daily (in the night) .

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Thank you Shrikant, it worked.

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Thank you Mahendra, it worked.

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

Please close the thread if issue is resolved.

Regards

Shrikant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Hi jatinder,

what one want to say by-

"The individual overview for networks appears.

• In the information system only a few general functions are displayed as icons. By choosing This graphic is explained in the accompanying text you can display the functions you require. If the availability check is not displayed as This graphic is explained in the accompanying text , choose This graphic is explained in the accompanying text.  "

is

1. When your sap menu is showing only few general function as icon in tree Information system then you have to click This graphic is explained in the accompanying text.

2. You can find this button in SAP menu in below title bar.

regards,

Pranav