cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluding Value Combinations in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

My task is to to prevent a black hard case from being paired with a pink soft case.  Also, I have to prevent a white hard case from being paired with a black soft case.  Aside from those two exceptions, any other hard case can be paired with a different bumper.

For starters, I went into a dependency I had created.  It was called "HARD_BUMPER."  For syntax I tried:

IF HARD_CASECOLOR = 'BLACK_HARD' NOT(SOFT_BUMPERCOLOR = 'PINK_BUMPER'

NOT (HARD_CASECOLOR = 'BLACK_HARD' AND SOFT_BUMPERCOLOR = 'PINK_BUMPER')

The second one passed the syntax check, but it had no noticeable effect.  I was still able to pair the black hard and pink soft in the sales order.  The first one didn't pass the syntax check.  Ultimately, I deleted both of them.  Am I on the right track?  Or, should I try something different?

A few words on the scenario:

We are manufacturing Iphone cases.  One part of the material is a hard case.  The second is a soft bumper.  The scenario works fine going through a sales order.  I just have a new requirement (banning certain hard/soft color combinations) that I am not familiar with implementing.

If any help could be offered, I would appreciated.  This is my first post, so I look forward to hearing from you all.

P. Kaushal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

If there are not many values you need to restrict then I would suggest you to use Preconditions. I am a bit confused on what you are looking for ..Do you want to restrict a value or the characteristic itself. You can do both. Please look at the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/EN/92/58c25c417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

OR

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/EN/92/58c5e7417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

You will find an example to restrict values

Another way to achieve this is via variant tables.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/EN/92/58c601417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

All the above links can be helpful. You can restrict the combinations using the above methods.

Let me know if you need further help.

Thanks

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amber,

Thanks for your advice.  With your help, I wound up resolving the issue.  I am going to describe the process below for the benefit of others.  I have a few other issues that it looks like I need to work on, but i'll research those seperately.  Also, how do I award you "points?"  Thanks so much for your help!

Steps:

1. I had two characteristics: HARD_CASECOLOR and SOFT_BUMPERCOLOR
  2. I needed to prevent the black variety of the HARD_CASECOLOR from being paired with the pink variety of SOFT_BUMPERCOLOR.
  3. It should be mentioned that black and pink are values of the characterstics above.
  4. So, I went into filepath: logistics-->central functions-->variant configuration-->dependency-->single dependency-->create
  5. I created a dependency with an arbitrary name and description.
  6. You will see a "tab" called "Dependency Editor."
  7. HARD_CASECOLOR NE 'WHITE_HARD'
  8. I entered in the above text exactly.  There is no space before "hard..." pay attention to the quotes.
  9. Save that.
  10. Go to your characterstics.  In this instance, mine was Soft_bumpercolor.
  11. Select the Value "tab."
  12. Click the line item, in this instance for me it was Pink_Bumper.
  13. Once the line item is selected, you will see a row of icons...
  14. Click on the one with 2 green arrows (one arrow is on top of the other)(also, one arrow points to the right and the other to the left)  {what is the name of that key}
  15. In the Dependency field, search for, and "add" the dependency you had created.
  16. Make sure to save.
  17. Result:  Now, when I configure a sales order, if I select that black hard bumper, there is no subsequent choice for a pink soft bumper when I call up characterstic for soft bumpers.
  18. Points to Remember:  In the dependency editor MAKE SURE you release the dependency by changing the value from 2 to 1.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

I am glad it helped and that is one common mistake by note releasing dependency. Please be sure you release dependencies after these are created . You can award me setting my answer as "Correct Answers". Thanyou so much

Regards

Amber

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

After research, I made the following changes and the errors are now gone.  So, if you have the same probelm, please do the same, and you should be okay.

1. Go to your material master for the material in question (MM02){Change material}.
  2. Then, in MRP 3, please make sure the Strategy Group is at the value "25."
  3. I have included screen shots for all of you.
  4. If you have any questions, you may PM me.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It was what i guess paul that you dont have setup for assembly to order strategy 89 , and because of 89 production  order is being created along with sales order which was causing problem, and once you replaced strategy in material with 25 it start working.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh and Amber,

Sorry for the late reply.  Also, thanks for your help so far.  I was a bit busy throughout the week, hence the delay.  I am going to create a new thread in a more approrpriate forumn.  Then, I will post the solution here when I figure it out.

Enjoy your weekend,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I encountered a new error that a day's worth of research did not help me resolve.  Initially, when using the "OR" order type in creating the sales order, everything went "fine."  However, we then tried to process sales order with the "ZOR" order type.  Since then, I have three errors which occur rapidly one after another.  I have attached the screen shots below.  If possible, and if you have the time, could someone please point me in the right direction as to how to resolve them.

If anyone has any questions about any other configuration settings, please do not hesitate to ask. 

Thanks,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

These errors seems more relevant to sales then VC. Can you please create a new thread in the Sales area. An expert in SD will be able to help you more..

Thanks

Amber

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

your first error indicate that , settlement rule is not created for the order type you are using , it can be set with help from PP and CO guys.

second error is related to costing , and for it reason could be same as there is no settlement rule so product costing for a item in sales order have issues.

and your third error is related to schedule line category of the line item , which comes as there will be error occurred during creation of production order for this sales order item.

With this 3 screen shots posted in your thread , i guess you are using assemble to order strategy 89 ,  and while creating sales order production order will be generated and schedule line will be update with the dates from production order , it seems as you are using Custom order type ZOR , configuration for sales order document as well as for related production order type is missing or have errors and that's why you are facing issues in sales order.

check below sap help link for basic information on Assemble to order.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/cb/7f9b7043b711d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

I will suggest you compare all the settings for order type ZOR with OR , as well as compare settings form production side too , which include order type, requirement classes , requirement type etc.

and create a new thread in PP or SD forum.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

In hammering out the final details on this project, we need a way to enter a production storage location.  In creating the material, using the material master, there is no place to enter this information in MRP2.

So, how do we get auto-goods receipt using the Variant Configuration process?  Currently, we have to go into MIGo and process the Goods Receipt manually. 

Is there a way to automatically process goods receipt?  Also, the control key in the routing has been set to PP03 which already has the automatic Goods Receipt indicator flagged.

Thanks,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

You can have automatic goods receipt but in what process do you need. Variant configuration is generally processed in some applicaton eg production order sales order ...When do you need the goods receipt to be performed ?

Thanks

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need help processing Goods Receipt in the Sales Order.