cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excise capture

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

store person will do goods receipt but he doesn't know about excise capture, finance dept. will do the excise capture and post.

how to map in sap?

j1iex is the one option, but at the time of GRN what setting will do in Excise tab?

thanks,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

at the time of G/R if at all the stories person doesn't know that the material is exciseable once then he might have taken no excise.

After the G/R if you want to capture the excise you need to abdate the part1 first.

j1i5 update RG23 against the Material document.

j1iex capiture&post the excise.

Any thing elese revalt back

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi reddy,

at the time GRN no excise then

j1i5 classification ROP

LIST CONTAIN NO DATA

tell me what to do next? any settings

thanks

ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

you need to maintain the material in J1ID.

Any thing else get back

bye

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

As you said, your stores person will only do the goods receipt and no excsie postings and Fi will be doing the excise postings. To map the same in SAP, first go to SPRO-Logistics gen - Tax on goods movement - India - basic settings - maintain excise group.

There, select your excise groups(s) and remove the 'EI Capture' and 'Post EI in MIGO' tickboxes in MIGO Settings (the lower end of the screen).

Then the working procedure should be like this.

PO- release of PO - goods at you place.

Stores will do MIGO and in the excise invoice tab, they will select 'Only part 1' and post the material document. In that case, they dont want to enter anything or any values there in excise point of view.

Then along with the MIGO number and the Excise invoice, FI person will go to J1iex and select Capture Excise invoice and ref. document as Material docuemnt. Enter the material docuemnt and all the migo values will flow to J1IEX. Enter the excise invoice number, date and post it after checking the excise amounts.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Regards

Gregory mathews

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if there is excisable item. Ask the Finance person to make th Excise entries for the GRN and then pass the Document for GRN postings to Stores person.

Edited by: AP on Mar 9, 2009 7:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

tell me elabrate, Fi will do the entry then how to transfer stores?

thanks,

ramesh