cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange server 2003 integration with SAP B1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it relatively easy to integrate exchange server 2003 with SAP B1? Our consultants have not been able to do this yet due to other projects. I figured that if it is easy enough, perhaps I could have a go. I do see an email icon within the B1 client. Tested that and send a PO for example....did not work.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to configure SBO mailer in order to send email from B1. The configuration of the mailer is pretty simple. You can search this forum to find related information.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I find out that SBO Mailer is installed already? I do not have the SBO installation CD's or anything. I am going off whatever is already installed on my server. Keep in mind I very new to SAP B1 and learning from scratch here. If SBO mailer is easy to configure - I should be able to install it but I may need a little push push in the right direction!

Thanks.

mario_schoenberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ali,

I assume you know how to find the ServerTools. Basically ServerTools include, beside the LicenseService, the SBO Mailer.

If you cannot find the SBO Mailer entry there, go to Add/Remove programs, locate "SAP Business One ServerTools and change the installation and follow the wizzard. At one step you will have the possibility to tick 'SBO Mailer'. Depending if the installation files for SAP Business One are still at the same location where the last installation of ServerTools was done from, you might not have to provide an installation CD again, otherwise you need to get a copy of SAP Business One CD.

Kind regards

Mario Schoenberg

Senior Support Consultant

SAP Business One Forums Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont know where to find Server Tools.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you check in your services under Administrative Tools, you will see there if the SAP Messaging service is started.

Under All Programs>SAP Business One> you should find the server tools to open. The icon will be different for 2005 to 2007 versions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I think I found it. SBO mailer was not configured. I added it through "add/remove programs" and it seemed to install w/o requesting a CD. I noticed it when I opened up server tools on the task bar and configured my Exchange server. Connection tested out fine.

Is this pretty much all that I need to do?

Edited by: Ali Shah on Jan 27, 2009 3:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You just need to test if you can send out email or not. Connection to email server is the most important step. Afterward, you just need to fine tune if there is any problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep. I fine tuned it and tested. Works great! Thanks for your help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This tool would usually be installed on the same server with B1. Check the task bar of your server, you could find a special icon for it if it is already running,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have the SBO Mailer configured in the SAP Service Manager? This is what allows email to be sent from SAP.