Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXCHANGE RATE ISSUE WHILE EBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- Company Code Currency and GL currency is INR

- for EBS (auto BRS) we created 3 GL account for each bank a/c (Main account, Incoming A/c and Outgoing A/c). all maintained in INR.

- posted an entry in above outfoing GL account - 1000 USD @ 49.60.

while clearing this line item at the time of EBS, system through an error : Ex.rate diff.accts are incomplete for account 0000233062 currency.

my requirement is exchange fluctuation should not be calculate at the time auto BRS. Please let us know where went wrong.

Thx & Rgrds

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Muralinag14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

E.g. following entry has been passed on 20.12.2011(USD to INR 45)

Dr Vendor 1000 USD(1000*45=45000) 45000 INR

Cr Bank outgoing a/c 1000 USD--45000 INR

Month end you are doing BRS(31.12.2011)(USD to INR 46)

Dr Bank outgoing a/c 1000 USD-----46000 INR

Cr Main Bank a/c 1000 USD-----46000 INR

Here 1000 INR difference is coming which should be posted to Fx difference accounts.

So, please check the first entry posting date and second entry posting date, if both are same no Fx difference

otherwise Fx difference will arise.

Rgds

Murali. N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Your understanding and entries are perfect.

But my entry date and BRS date are different, even then system should not calculate Exchange Fluctuation Rs.1000/- as per your example. Any way out.

when we are passing mere entry, why system should effect financials.

Regards

Venkat

Muralinag14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then activate Only Balances in Local Currency to your bank clearing accounts.

Rgds

Murali. N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Created 3 new GL with activation "Only Manage Balances in Local Currency" and posted an entry in outgoing account using USD.

Then tried to transfer the amount by clearing this line item in outgoing account to main account. but ended up with exchange error.

Any other solution

Thx

Venkat

former_member765905
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

You are not configured Exchange rate differences for realized exchange rate loss/gain in T-Code: OBA1, with respect to the Transaction KDF and KDB

Please provide your sundry debtors or sundry creditors account and

Unrealized Exchange Rate Valuation loss Account and Unrealized Exchange Rate Valuation Gain Account (This GL Accounts are triggered at the time of Foreign Currency Re-Valuation) and

Realized Exchange Rate Valuation loss Account and Realized Exchange Rate Valuation Gain Account (This GL Accounts are triggered at the time of Payment) and

and try this changes and check again....

Regards,

GK

SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is nothing to do with Vendors/Customers. I am doing auto BRS, in the process i am clearing outgoing account line item which is posted in USD.

i am simply transfering the line item amount from outgoing account to main bank account. Since this is Bank Reconciliation, system should not calculate exchange fluctuation.

Regards

Venkat