cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange rate difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While posting Transaction like customer and vendor clearing in local currency i.,e SGD , the system is posting the exchange rate difference in group currency i.,e INR and no difference in local currency i.,e SGD with Zero amount.

Please advice on why exchange rate is getting generated in group currency (INR) eventhough document in local currency(SGD)

Thanks in Advance

Ramu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the document and local currency are same (SGD), then the exchange rate difference is only in relation to the group currency (INR). Therefore, the system will post the difference only in group currency.

Let me know if you need more explanation.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for your replay,

Our Transaction currency and company code currcies are same (SGD)

Regards

Ramu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one help me

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In document, enable the group currency and check them and compare the vendor and customer, whether the group currency is same in amount. For example:

SGD 100, Group Currency: 130

Other document, SGD 100, but group currency: 135

This might be possibility of your problem. Just my 2 cents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramu,

If the Transaction or document currency and company code or local currency are same i.e. SGD, then you will get the exchange rate difference only in group currency. Suppose, if your group currency was also 'SGD' then you would never have any exchange rate difference.

In order to get an exchange rate difference in local currency or company code currency the following conditions have to be met:

1. The document/transaction currency and the local currency MUST be different. These cannot be same.

2. There should be a change in exchange rate from the date when the original transaction was posted.

Scenario 1:

Doc curr = USD; Local Curr = SGD; Group Curr = INR (If there is an exchange rate change in USD<>SGD currency pair, a gain/loss will be posted in local currency SGD) AND (If there is differnce in SGD<>INR pair, then gain/loss posted in group currency INR)

I hope this is clear.

Vishal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramu,

We have same kind of requirement as you explained while doing billing in VF01..In my requirement..Doucument currency/transaction currency is ILS(israel curreny) and group currency as USD..

When we are converting into Group currency(usd) we are using two exchange rate in one document( for customer account we are using M rate and for revenue account we are using spot rate) but the problem is the accounting doc is not being generated if you we use two spot rates in one doc..is there any standard customization to do to get the exchange rate difference account...Please advice

we are getting below error while releasing to accounting..

FI interface: Small difference * USD 30 cannot be distributed

Message no. F5735

Diagnosis

A small discrepancy of * occurred in currency USD for currency type 30 in the FI interface due to a rounding error.

Because the discrepancy is caused by a system error, it cannot be corrected.

Procedure

Notify the SAP Hotline.