cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Difference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How do we track the Exchange differences / Forex Gain / Loss.

In SAP we enter the Exchange rate in Administration Module, at the time of Transaction, if we enter the different rate then SAP is taking the Exchange rate from Administration Module.

For Example: In Administration we enter the USD rate @ 42/- and in the A/P Invoice we enter 42.50, when we view the JE, there it is taking 42 and 42.50.

Please help me out to resolve.

Regards

Shanker

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shanker,

please have a look at this [EoP wiki |https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=60654139]page, it'll help you understand how B1 calculates the rates. There is also an [EES|http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000326672008E.zip] in the archives where a case like yours is described (SC=FC-why dont they match).

All the best,

Kerstin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the help proivded.

I am really sorry for raising the question, as the difference was working correctly in SAP for all transactions expect Journal Entries.

we were trying to enter through JE's, and it is not taking the exchange rate entered.

Thanks once again for the suggestion given.

Regards

Shanker

Former Member
0 Kudos

B1 will use document rate for sure. Your issue might related to rounding off. Try input 43 to see in the test environment.

Thanks,

Gordon

JesperB1
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shanker,

The exchange rate should be taken from the Document and not from what has been defined in the administration module.

Do you have a scenario where it works differently?

Is the Foreign Currency same as System Currency?

Is the BP Multi or Foreign Currency?

Let us know.

Jesper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply.

The system Currency & Foregin Currency are same.

to be more clear, after entering the exchange rate in Administration module, is it possible to change the exchange rate at the time of entry of a particular transaction (the exchange rate will be different from the one which has been defined in the Administration module)

Awaiting for an early reply.

Regards

Shanker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes It is still possible to change the exchange rate in the documents.

for example if you creating A/R Invoice, before you add, you can change the rate next to the currency.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for the suggestion.

then when i enter the exchange rate in the transaction say Rs. 42.20, then when i enter the transaction of A/P Invoice of Total USD 100/- when i view the JE is Rs. 4,000/- (Since the exchange rate in Administration module is Rs. 40/-) where as it should be Rs. 4,220/-

Currently we are using PL 35

Please help me to resolve this.

Regards

Shanker