cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS standard address iview personalization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using ESS standard address iview for one of user for address details. I am trying to adding some text against telephone input field like "*Mandatory for Home address" by using the personalization. Here for * I am using RED color and bold and for Mandatory for Home address is normal text but between for u201C* u201Cand u201CMandatory for Home addressu201D large gap is coming bye using two separate u201Cadd new rowu201D options.

Please any one help me any settings to arrange side by side text bye using personalization.

Regards,

Nataraju.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nataraju,

Address is country dependent ESS application. Each country has is respective WD application. So the layouts used the way the app developed would be different from one country to another.

As I said the spaces between text depends on the Layout used. As per the layout the columns/space between columns get adjusted. So we can expect different behaviour for some countries.

From ur screen shot, I do see the layout in personalization is divided into 3 columns.

The text that you have added besides contact field is very long, its part of the 2 column.

As the 2nd column text you have added is very long, you are seeing lot of space for ur 3rd column for the Telephone text.

If you have to reduce the space between the * and the respective text for telephone then you have these options

1. Move the new text which you have added to the Contact to the top. Also try to reduce the text length if possible. So this becomes part of 1st column.

2. I would suggest you to put * and the mandatory text as one element. This is the best solution to avoid the space issue. (but the drawback is the * and the text besides it will have only one color).

3. You can use the NWDS and make the change for the Address app, then depending upon the subtypes u can control the text and the mandatory fields as you needed. (Try the personalization options, if they doesnu2019t work then u have this one as last option)

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nataraju,

Have u added it as 1 element i.e. 1 text view or something like that?

If its one element with text "* Mandatory" it should display with out large gaps.

(As UI is built with Matrix layout, if you have more than 1 element all the elements will get rearranged with the columns of other rows)

Looks like you have added it as 2 elements.

1. *

2. The Mandatory text

"*" is getting aligned to the Number columns

And Mandatory text is getting aligned after the input, so u r seeing the gap.

Instead of two fields make it one field, It will fix the problem BUT you will still see little gap after telephone number and * Mandatory due to the Matrix layout.

If you want to avoid the gap then u have to make code change from NWDS.

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

Edited by: Yugandhar Reddy on Jul 5, 2011 10:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yugandhar Reddy,

Thanks a lot for your help. We are using standard ESS address iview for all countries address informtion.In Address iview we have telephone field with input field.After this input field i have to keep this text "Mandatory for Home address,not for the mailing address/emergency contact".For this text "" should be red color and bold that's why i am taking seperated element(add new row) with critical by using personalization. By doing this ,only one country address iView getting the problem all others no problem.

Requriment is this " * Mandatory for Home address,not for the mailing address/emergency contact "text need to dispaly against telephone inputfiled by using Personalization. (In the text * should be Reb color and bold)

For this I am taking "" by using add new row with text properties Critical and keeping after telephone field and again I am taking add new row with text "Mandatory for Home address,not for the mailing address/emergency contact " and keeping this element after "" element. For 12 countries" *" and "Mandatory for Home address,not for the mailing address/emergency contact" text dispaying side by side without any gap but for one country iview large gap is coming while dispalying.

Could you please suggest me.

Thanks ,

Nataraju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Large gap might be because of the fields u made invisible.

Try to move the newly added fileds before the fields which are making invisible and see if it helps.

Might be if u can share the image we can understand it better.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Personalisation along with customisation of services and subarea is the key

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0e3a488-cdc2-2b10-209b-e01a0ed93...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Hope you are doing good.

Need a help from you.

I did some iview personalisation in ESS Personal Profile (WDA) by previewing the iview and hide some tool bar.

Now the issue is the changes on the portal has been reflecting on every country user.But what we need it should be only visible to only one country (SPAIN).

If you could please help in that that would be great.

Regards,

Pritiman

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nataraju,

Please see the SAP note - 1234273 for the Iview level personalization on ESS/MSS.

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks a lot for your information.while doing the personalization is not the problem .By using personalization as like as ASP note I am adding this text "Mandatory for Home address".while adding this text I am taking two new rows for "" and for "Mandatory for Home address" large gap is coming between two rows that is the problem.

Thanks,

Nataraju Boina.