cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS/MSS Portal App doesnot populate the custom field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are using ESS for employee time management. On the backend R/3 system, I have added custom fields to CATSDB table, which are populated during the time entry process. These custom fields are display only and are populated in the work area and data entry screen.

When I select a record from worklist for data entry, all the display custom fields show values. But, when I navigate to review screen after entering time, only the standard fields contain values and the custom fields are blank. Upon saving the values for custom fields are not saved.

Is there any additional configuration for saving the data in custom fields through ESS Record Working Time screen?

We are on ECC 6.0 .

Any idea on how to save custom fields in CATS through Portal ESS ( Record Working Time)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

SN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

please set this field property of this field as INPUT in cac2 foir your profile and then data would be save in catsdb

and there are user exist to populate data in custom fields

read here

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/bd/53fa2fcc43594dbf9f406c18989a47/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siddharth, that was very usefull, thanx for the link and the response, appreciated

rgds

SN

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,         

Following configuration document could help you resolve your issue.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/108c31e7-b6a7-2d10-3692-c1a9f7a5c...

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Thnx for the link and the response, but it doesnt solve the problem

I have added two custom fields in catdb to calculate the planned work hour and actual work hour, so in all the respective screens the fields gets displayed. In this case employee's ESS record time the UI is there but once i save the data its not getting populated in the catsdb table its empty. So i was wondering i should be able to write some logic to prefill this data and which can get persisted in the catsdb

So need some advise or solution is there are exits in WDA ESS Record time to do this so that when user saves it i will populate this two fields and subsequently all the reports against this should fetch that data

hope its clear and any help would be appreciated

rgds

SN