Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ess - Mss Leave Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When applies for leave thru ESS portal and the request does go to MSS and

When Manager from MSS is trying to approve leave, he gets a message "collision with other time entry".

After thorough inspection, we don't see any leave applied on the respective date and manager is able to approve the leave but the message "collision still appears"

Why?

Pls advise

De-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is because the date in which he/ she is applying has another leave type created

gctl
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check you time constraints in SM30 > V_T554Y.

You may want to check if the absence type on DDMMYYYY is specifically clashing with any other time infotype records. Specifically if your TCC for absence type is configured to "collide" against the TCC of any other time infotype subtypes.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the reply...

Were you asking me to check V_T554Y or V_554Y_B.

Becoz, in v_t554y it talks about global time constraint reaction and it has some time constraint string like .........1........2, which I dont understand.

If you are talking about v_554y_b, here its configured with TC 4 for 2001.

But I am not sure, how to check if they are clashing with any other time infotypes. Pls advise

And also how to check if TCC for abs type is configured whether to collide or not?

Thanks

De-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, when the leave is approved by manager in MSS, its not showing up in 2001 of R/3 for that date

gctl
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Actually either view of V_554Y_B or V_T554Y is ok.

The only difference on V_T554Y is it displays the TCC in a 2 dimensional form.

Meanwhile, did you check if you have any other TM records (in other infotypes) that may overlap with your absence period entered in ESS ?

Suppose your Time Constraint Class (TCC) for absence type A (that you try to apply on ESS) is assigned to IT2001 01, In V_554Y_B, double click on the entry IT2001 01, that will bring you to another view (note that you will have a column Reaction Indicator in this view)

Now in each of the other TCCs, check your reaction indicators, specifically if any of the reaction indicator is set to E.

Hope the above helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meanwhile, did you check if you have any other TM records (in other infotypes) that may overlap with your absence period entered in ESS ?

REPLY-- There are no other TM infotypes for the client, only 2001 is created, not even 2006 is there and there is no point of 2002.

Suppose your Time Constraint Class (TCC) for absence type A (that you try to apply on ESS) is assigned to IT2001 01, In V_554Y_B, double click on the entry IT2001 01, that will bring you to another view (note that you will have a column Reaction Indicator in this view)

Now in each of the other TCCs, check your reaction indicators, specifically if any of the reaction indicator is set to E.

REPLY -- The TCC for IT 2001 is 4. But in the table v_554y_b, the entries look like this ....

2001 01 E

2001 02 E

2001 03 E

2001 04 E

So here all the TCC for 2001 has an entry and are showing with E as indicator.

SHOULD ONLY TCC 04 HAVE E and OTHERS TO BE DELETED?

gctl
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to check out this SAP Note on absence collisions.

Note 1127249 - ESS Lea: Collision Date not displyed When Creating Leave

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1127249

Seems possible this may be applicable in your case as you've mentioned EE has no any other absence during the period you are trying to approve.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks and Ooops! Gregg... looks like I am back to square one.

This OSS note has already been applied and it didnt yield any success, hence I was on SDN.

We have taken this up with SAP and below is brief of the transcript...

(The error

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.SAPSessionProtocolTask.

getSessionProtocolParameterFromRequest(SAPSessionProtocolTask.java:103

is fixed. You can get rid of this error by deploying the latest WD

hotfix of the given SP. In your case, if you are really using 700 SP15,

take a loog on note below:

1138102 - Import a WebDynpro patch for Support Package 15

I hope this helps. If not, please let me know for further processing.

Best regards,

Matheus Zeuch

SAP Active Global Support)

Thank you again for your time and effort. Appreciate it ! Rewarding you with points...