cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS LeaveRequestApprover exit links?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a MSS user approves leave request from UWL, the last page of the approval says the leave is successfully approved but I cannot see any links or buttons to close the window. I had to close it using browser close button at the top right hand corner cross button.

I have a requirement to add a button or link to close the window, is this possible? If yes, how do I do it?

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes it very much does ! It is meant for your release only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth, I have checked out essleasap DC from NWDI to check the link that you have mentioned. Reading the SAP notes say that in the view "VcFormAckn" there should a link to enable or disable, I don't see any links here as mentioned in the notes.

Another conflicting information that I have is, in the UWL xml file the task is triggering following webdynpro application for leave request approval

<Property name="WebDynproApplication" value="LeaveRequestApprover"/>

<Property name="WebDynproDeployableObject" value="sap.com/ess~lea"/>

The above properties makes is clear it's a web dynpro application and tells the DC as well. Whereas in the UWL wiki there is a source code available for absence approval which is referring to JSP pages not WebDynpro application.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BPX/Resources

links in the above URL

Appendix C: Source Code for Web Dynpro Action Handler

Developer Studio Project Files

Please clarify which is correct?

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

For some reason the exit links are not visible under the ESS 600 version, may be it exist under older or new versions. We could live with what is standard in our ESS 600.

Closing this thread.

Thanks

Praveen

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There is no restart link available as per standard, You need to add in the code

have a look at the notes

1264809 and 977338.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siddharth. The notes say that if I enable popup window for leave approval, there will be a link to "Go to worklist" by default, but I don't even see that link currently. The other note says that I can disable the link using WebDynpro. The notes are referring to ERP2004, I'm using EP7.01 and ECC 6 which is ERP2005 I believe, do you think these notes apply to earlier version of ERP?

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if there is a exit button or some link on the approval page to close the browser window opened during leave approval from UWL?

Thanks

Praveen