cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS FPM language for Jco connections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Does anyone knows where FPM takes the language to stablish JCo connections? Any configuration in SLD?

My problem is that it's taking two different languages (so generating two different connections) for two different Fc components.

This is the piece of code to generate Jco Connection String (function connectModelInternal in BackendConnections which is a custom controller of component xxfpm):

// determine key for connection
// reuse a connection when using the same rollAreaKey, modelScope or same systamname, client, language, logontype, user
String systemIdentifier = WDSystemLandscape.getJCOClientConnection(model.getSystemName()).getSystemIdentifier();
String connectionKey = rollAreaKey + ':' + systemIdentifier + ':' + model.getModelScope().toString();

Thanks,

Gabriel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The language is set on the JCO connection/destination. However, you can leave it blank and the language will be picked up from the user settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which user settings, language selected in portal?

So I understand that WD definition has nothing to do with the language for this key of Jco connection, but I wonder then, how is it possible the situation I have? I tell you:

First, I have customized the standard ES address application (Infotype 0006). Here I have no problem with language, model components FcPersInfo and FcPERAdressES are taking the same language for the Jco connection key despite of the language selected in portal.

On the other hand, I have created a new (no customization) DC for ES formation (infotype 0022), here, when language ES is set in portal, it's working properly, FcPersInfo and FcFormation are taking the same language (ES) for the Jco key.

The problem is, in this second DC, when other language than ES is selected in portal, then the FcPersInfo remains taking language ES for the Jco key but FcFormation is taking the language set in portal. This behaviour is leading to execution errors.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Gabriel.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See thread [;