cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors related to asset revaluation (inflation)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to execute J1AI in a Test enviroment and the system shows the following error: "Appreciation on acc. dep. positive in area 01" (AA620). I try to mark "Neg. vals. allowed" on "Deprec. areas" tab in AS02, but the following errors appears:

"Fiscal year 2010 is already closed in Financial Accounting" (E669)

"Appreciation on acc. dep. positive in area 01" (E620)

Then, I try to close fiscal year 2010 in Asset Accounting (transaction AJAB), but the system says the depreciation values for some assets were not calculated completely and correctly.

I try to recalculate depreciation in the "Change asset master record" transaction by choosing the menu option "Edit-> Recalculate values" but the system shows the same errors (E669 and E620).

How can I solve the error in J1AI?

Thanks in advance. Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Message no. AA669

It is not allowed to close first general ledger and after that sublegers because this leads to inconsistencies. This is the idea

behind the message.

note 619969 explains:

"...

Fiscal year you try to close in FI-AA has already been closed in FI-G/

Posting to the already closed fiscal year would cause a different

balance in G/L. This is not acceptable. As a general rule,

fiscal year must be closed for all the Subledgers (including FI-AA)

before closing the fiscal year in FI-G/L. This is one of the main

Accounting Principles, and must always be known by users before

proceeding to the fiscal year closure, as this incorrect handling can

lead to serious inconsistencies in the G/L balance.

..."

Generally the solution is: Re-open fiscal year in FI-GL (txn OB52) and follow the steps from note 619969:

o RAAFAR00

o RAPOST2000

o RAPERB2000

o RAJABS00

2) Message no. AA620

Normally, this error is a result of wrong customizing in derived area . Please check if the derived area ia defined as Revaluation area in transaction OABW.

To avoid the error in AA620 in the area (from the error message), please set customizing of

this area in transaction OABN to "all values allowed".

regards Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, but it doesn't solve the problems.

1) Message no AA669

After opening posting periods in OB52, I execute RAAFAR00 report but the following error appears: "2011 Error in dep. calculation" (BL001).

2) Message no AA620

I set customizing of area 01 in transaction OABN to "all values allowed" but the error continues.

Is it possible to do a transfer between depreciation areas?

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Open posting periods at OB52

Run AFAR and / or AFAB repeat run

AJRW

AJAB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer, but it doesn't solve the problem. I opened posting periods and I try to execute AFAR but the system shows the following error: BL001 "2011 Error in dep. calculation".

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) In most cases error BL 001 is a result of AA 669. Is the error solved?

2) Please check the table field ANLC-XAFAR for this assets with errors.

Are this assets marked as wrong?

Note 103749 contains the report RACORR52 to initialize the field-ANLC XAFAR. Previously, however

before a recalculation values with RAAFAR00 should performed. To make a recalculation you have to check point 1 (AA 669).

regards Bernhard

Edited by: Bernhard Kirchner on Dec 20, 2011 12:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate your answer Bernhard. I have reviewed the note you mention (103749) and I think it's a risky solution. Message no AA620 appears after we have changed configuration of depreciation areas: last year (2010), depreciation area 01 (book depreciation) included the revaluation of acquisition values and the revaluation of accumulated depreciation (transaction OABW), so when we executed J1AI (asset revaluation), the inflation was calculated for dep. area 01. In 2011, we have changed the configuration of dep. area 01 for not including the revaluation values. Now they are managed by dep. area 10. Nevertheless, after changing Customizing, when we display assets values, the following error appears: "Appreciation on acc. dep. positive in area 01". The values for Revaluation of replacement value that were saved in the database in fiscal year 2010 are therefore different from the newly calculated values by an amount of 27125. This amount is the revaluation on replacement value posted in 2010. On the other hand, the values for Ordinary deprec. that were saved in the database in fiscal year 2010 and 2011 are therefore different from the newly calculated values by an amount of 34918-. This amount is the ordinary depreciation posted in 2010 and 2011.

The error message persists although we have carried out a depreciation recalculation (AFAR and AFABN).

Do you think there's another solution apart from note 103479 in order to avoiding error message nº AA620?