cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error with getting properties of Businesspartner

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an addon which contains the following line (where BPCard is a businesspartner object):

If (BPCard.Properties(20).ToString = "tNO") Then

This was working good, but since we've installed patch level 20 we are getting the following error:

<b>Property '' of 'BusinessPartner' is invalid</b>

The weird thing is when i put down 3 instead of 20, i get the error: <b>Property 'perties' of 'BusinessPartner' is invalid</b> and when i put down 1 i get <b>Property 'roperties' of 'BusinessPartner' is invalid</b> and when i put down 6 i get <b>Property 'ties' of 'BusinessPartner' is invalid</b>, etc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_walters2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Xavier,

I confirmed the problem on my end as well.....

I'm getting this same error with an Add-On that I've developed after upgrading to PL 20. I haven't had a chance to delve into this yet, but I just wanted to let you know you that someone else has run into a similar problem.

I think it's a bug in the DI API....

. As soon as I step through this, we go right into the catch block which throws up the dialog…Property '' of 'BusinessPartner' is invalid

vBP.Properties(21) = SAPbobsCOM.BoYesNoEnum.tYES

They changed the something regarding the BP properties. My guess is that the ENum of tYES and tNO no longer work with the properties field(s).

Thanks,

Jason Walters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reaction Jason,

Yeah, it looks like they changed something (and thanks for confirming). Anyone has an idea how to access the properties of a BP now? Or why this isn't working anymore?

jason_walters2
Explorer
0 Kudos

My unofficial workaround was to install the PL 19 DI API on the client machines after they were updated to PL 20 DI API.

If you do this, I recommend rebooting after installing the DI API.

This surely would be unsupported by SAP. If you didn't update production to PL 20, you could hold off, there's sure to be a patch.

Thanks,

Jason Walters

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think i will try that before we get a good solution. If you hear a better solution or if you know the next patch will fix this, it would be nice to hear it.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone knows if patch level 22 fixes this bug?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just got a call from SAP, patch 22 came out and it fixes all the issue that where introduce with PL20.

Answers (0)