cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while Upgrading

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Presently my Client is working on SAP B1 8.8 PL 10, now when I am upgrading it to SAP B1 8.81 PL 7 it is throwing me error.

(-10) Get Free Disk Space Failed.

Kindly guide me in solving this issue ASAP.

Regards

Hitesh Parsawala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jbrotto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rule of thumb when upgrading with the 8.8 family make sure you have twice the space of the DB free plus the size of the business one installation iso. I suggest 30 GBs for for small business that have used B1 for a few years. You can use the archive tool to make the db smaller and move the archive to a different disk or partion depending on server configurations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh......

Try to upgrade the database on Different Server where more than sufficient Space is available........

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Hitesh,

When you perform an upgrade, your upgrader patch will tell you the minimum disk requirement. normally multiply your DB size three times its current size.So from here you can start your upgrade again.

Regards,

Darius Gragasin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

During the Pre Upgrade Check, it showed 1.63 GB for Common Database and 0.5 GB for my Client's Database.

My C drive is having 11 GB Free Space. Then also it throws error.

Kindly guide.

Regards

Hitesh Parsawala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

Try to upgrade your Common Db and dont upgrade your Clients db. if its successful then you try to upgrade your clients db and set the SQL location to Default..

Regards,

Darius Gragasin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Still it is throwing me the same error.

Regards

Hitesh Parsawala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question. Where did you put your MDF and LDF file? is it in drive c also?

then for the actual DB size, 1.63 GB for Common and 0.5 GB for clients db ( is this mdf plus ldf? or MDF only?

Darius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

Do you have any other Fresh SAP 8.81 Server.

If so then, Please take backup of SBO-COMMON and Restore it on the Server in which you are facing the above error.

Later, try clearing the log files of the Company Database through SQL.

Hope it helps...

Regards,

Papil

Octopus Systems Pvt Ltd.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

The MDF and LDF File is within C Drive C:/ Program Files/ MS Sql Server.

Regards

Hitesh Parsawala

Former Member
0 Kudos

If that is the case, then i think your Pc has a problem.. Try the suggestion of other SAP members here, try to look for a new dummy pc and backup your current common and production db then restore everything into your dummy pc. then try your upgrade again.

Regards,

Darius Gragasin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh Parsawala,

11 GB Free Space is far from enough to get the upgrading done. You need to clean up more space or move db to other bigger hard drive.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

Seems like a crystal clear problem here. When do the upgrade, SAP will automatically backup the current database and database log into a .bak file in your default SQL Server folder. So, make sure your hard drive which contain SQL Server default folder still have sufficient space. If I'm not mistaken, you could set the backup path into another drive in case it is not suffice in hard drive which contain SQL Server default folder.

Best Regards,

Hendry Wijaya