cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when udating HR_maintain_masterdata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried to delimit IT0008 by using the FM, HR_maintain_masterdata using the date specified on the selection screen and update the required amount as well, starting from this date.

I got an error msg in the bapireturn structure, saying that cost centre has not been assigned to the employee as of the data which was present in PA0008. I had passed the dates from PA0008 to the FM.

When I checked in PA0001, I found out that the cost centre XXXX hasb been assigned to the employee from 04/06/2007 to 12/31/9999.

In PA0008, the dates I passed to the FM are the current period dates, 06/04/2007 to 12/31/9999. The cost centre should be assigned for the dates specificed in PA0008 as these dates fall within the period mentioned in PA0001.

I dont know why the error is occuring. Please let me know if anyone has any idea.

Thanks a lot,

Sruthy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthy,

Take the org unit number for the employee from IT01 and check in PO10 if the org unit has a A011 relationship with the cost center, and also a B003 relationship with the employees position number.

If all of this is set up correctly you can also check in PO13 if the position number has a A008 Holder relationship with your PERNR.

Also check all the Start and End dates for all these relationships.

Hope if helps.

Regards,

Aranka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is recommended not to delimit the IT 0008 as it has time constraint 1. This can be made possible only if the employee is inactive.

In your case, since there is a need for 1 record to be maintained because of time constraint 1, you may get that error.

To overcome it, try creating another record from the day you want

Regards

Judith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dnt u think that the dates in 0001 differ frm dates in 0008, the 0008 dates are earlier than 0001 dates, may be due to this sys is throwing an error.

moreover i wld like to understand what exactly you want to do? check hw FM relates to cost center?? cost center can be assigned in 0001 via om or IT27 in pa 30 only.

Rgds,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I want to update IT0008 using the FM HR_Maintain_Masterdata. While trying to do so, I get an error saying the cost centre is not assigned to the employee no. The date of the cost centre is Assignment in PA0001 is in April while the dates in PA0008 start from June, so the cost centre must still be assigned to the employee no.

Thanks,

Sruthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mentioned you want to update...so what is the import parameter you are passing in for ACTION??

you shld be using MOD( incase u have not changed the default INS)

also pls copy paste the error you got as it is...and describe exactly what you did..with Import parameters u used.