Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error : Valuation area not defined while creating Purchase Order

hafizul_mollah2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

First of all , sorry for creating new thread for this issue -I have searched in SCN for the same issue and got 4-5 threads where this issue has been discussed and I have checked the details in my system as per the suggestions given there and looked fine but still I am getting this error so creating this new thread .

After filling up the details in ME21N when I am checking the syntax , I am getting this error.Attaching the screen shot.

After selecting the check box and clicking on edit it is taking me to company code field that means it is saying that valuation area not maintained for company code but in table T001K valuation area is maintained for the company code GBSX used here.

Please suggest how to correct this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hafizul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you entering Material code or only short text while creating PO, did you checked whether the plant entered in PO is have been deleted or unassigned in config.

In which instant you are getting this message.

hafizul_mollah2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mallinath,

Yes, I have put Material number and other required details.There is no error at item level, this is header level error.

After filling all the details when I am clicking on the Check button I am getting this error .Screen shot is attached with the question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto XK02 enter the vendor which you had entered in PO and enter purchasing organisation and company code, select purchasing data below in screen and press enter, then go-to extras above and select "Add. purchasing data"  and check whether any plant is assigned in plant assignment, if assigned then check whether the plant is valid one if not valid assign the valid plant.

Rgds,

hafizul_mollah2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mallinath,

Thanks a lot for asking to check this thing.I think we have issue here.

I have used company code : GBSX

Purchasing org : GBSX

Vendor : S-5000

And I have to use Plant GBSX because I see this existing and assigned to the company code GBXS in OX18 but here I can see the Vendor is assigned to the Plant GBS1 in XK02 , additional purchasing data as shown below.

But Plant GBS1 has 2 issues, first it does not assigned to any company code in OX18 and also it does not have any Evaluation area assigned.I think that is why I am getting this issue.

I will change this GBS1 plant to GBX in vendor data in XK02 and will try to create Po with same data and will update you the result.Wanted to update you and show you before I change it.Thanks a lot again.............

hafizul_mollah2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mallinath,

I do not have any word how to say Thank You...............from last 20 days I was in trouble for this issue...checked a lot and tried a lot to correct this issue but was not able to find the root cause and correct the same.........

With your help I have changed the Plant to GBSX in XK02- additional purchasing data and it is working absolutely fine and I have been created the PO successfully with the same org data and material details............

Thanks to all the persons who helped with their valuable inputs!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your Welcome!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark as correct answer. The best way to compliment.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try removing the assignment for company code to plant and re assign once again, and try creating Purchase order. It may help.

Regards,

Rahul

hafizul_mollah2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

As I mentioned before also, I am told not to change or create new org data instead I will have to created PO using the existing org details in the system.

Please let me know if you need any details like any table entries/ tcode data, I can provide the same and help to find out the root cause or solution thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As suggested please check Plant is defined as well as assigned to company code, if things are in place then try to remove the assignment & once again reassign with company code.

I want to add one more point about check OMWD for your Plant.

Thanks

Jitendra

hafizul_mollah2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Plant is existing and also assigned to company code as shown below from OX18.

As I mentioned , I am told to create PO using the company code, Plant, Purchase org. etc which are available in this system without creating or modifying these org objects.

Please let me know if you need any other details , data from this system I will provide all those data and help resolving this issue thanks a lot.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please put a screenshot of OX14

hafizul_mollah2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakhya,

Thanks for pointing this out.I have checked this before also and evaluation area is set at plant level...but when I am trying to change this to company code level it is not allowing me to change...it is saying 'The valuation area cannot be maintained (already defined)'.

Message no. CZ079

Could yous please help me change this to to company code level if it can resolve the issue thanks.

'

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge.. you can't change this.

Once valuation area is defined, you can't change this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have any transaction data or Master data do not attempt this.

Check OSS note 8696 - Valuation level can no longer be maintained

Ask your basis guy to login with administrator id and check OX14.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lakhya Pratim Baruah And what do you actually recommend to do?

do you want him to change from the wanted plant level to company code level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No not at all. If he is not in live system he can try with that.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you see this little gap in the message?

this is a variable: Valuation area & not defined

It means the valuation area blank was found.

If you look into table T001W, then your field BWKEY is empty.

Can you confirm that?

hafizul_mollah2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Yes I think there is gap but the question why it is not finding out the valid valuation area maintained in T001W as shown below.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hafizul,

Please check if the below links in SCN regarding valuation area if they are helpful for your solution

http://scn.sap.com/message/9059535#9059535

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1639031

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1763554

hafizul_mollah2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Avi,

Thanks for giving the list links of the related post but as I mentioned I have already gone though all those links and data in T001K, T001W,OX18,OX10 all are looked fine.

Regarding one of the answers in the second link:

As these Company codes, Plant , Evaluation area creation and assignment were done by other people some time ago , I am not aware which option was being used to do all these configuration.

I am waiting for a solution where I can check the details in the current system and find out the issue, resolve it and can create new PO using the available company code,plant etc instead of creating new company code , plant etc.

Please help resolving this issue thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check the entry in T001W

hafizul_mollah2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi...I have already checked T001W and all looked fine as valuation area , Pur. Org  all are maintained for plant GBSX which is being used for this PO.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post the error message number, click the question mark right of the message

hafizul_mollah2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

As I mentioned when I was clicking on the check button I was getting the error message but yes after pressing the enter button as well the same error is being thrown at bottom.Pasting the screen shot here for your reference.

The procedure given here are already checked and looked fine as given screen shot in this post earlier.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check once OMWD?

Is there valuation area with company code with chart of account and valuation grouping code is maintained?

hafizul_mollah2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

I have checked OMWD already and it looks fine.Attaching screen shot here for your reference.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the company code at header level of the PO, is not used for validation when SAP issues this error.

You have to go a longer way. you have to start from the plant in the PO item, and need to check if this plant has a proper assignment to the company code.

hafizul_mollah2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for the reply.

The plant used for this PO is GBSX and this is assigned to the company code GBX as well.

This is from tcode OX18.

Yeah it is at header level validation but it is not allowing me to proceed further , so please help correct this issue many thanks.