Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error upgrading demo database to 8.8

rasmuswulff_jensen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am trying to upgrade one of my demo-databases but when I try the upgrade fails with an Internal Error (-10) on the object "Inventory Valuation Log" ...

because of the name I suspected that it might be because Iventory Valuation checkup have not been performed on the database... I ran the IVC script and it came back with the database being a candidate for a checkup....

My question is, could this be the reason for my upgrade fail (and if so is it really need to send all databases including internal test databases for IVC?)

I have allready upgraded other test-databases that did not have the IVC problem but does anyone know for sure if this is the issue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rasmus,

if they are internal test DB then they should not be sent to SAP for analysis as this is a waste of everyones time.

For what purpose is this test DB, is it a backup of a real customer? If so then the customer DB should be sent to SAP for analysis.

Regards,

Paul

rasmuswulff_jensen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

The database is an internal training database and does not belong to a customer... Do you know if the IVC could be the cause of the failed 8.8 upgrade (the database is a SBO2007A PL49 but it was created way back in SBO2005A SP00 and have been through almost all known patches with no issues in upgrading before)

vijay_kumar1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rasmus,

It could be that the upgrade failed due to Inventory valuation issues found in the database.

Also, you could refer to SAP Note : 1334889

Regards,

Vijay Kumar

SAP Business One Forums Team

rasmuswulff_jensen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

Thank for the note.. I've checked it and others and they does not seem to explain my issue...

A question: If this turn out to be because of IVC and I should not send internal test database for IVC check-up how will I get my database upgraded to 8.8?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

By your email -id ,I think you work for Boyum . Just send it database for support and tell the exact reason why you are sending to database .

Before you submit , follow the note that they have send it to you .

If SAP suppport takes your database ,it's fine . If not ......

Hope this helps

Bishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

By your email -id ,I think you work for Boyum . Just send it database for support and tell the exact reason why you are sending to database .

Before you submit , follow the note that they have send it to you .

If SAP suppport takes your database ,it's fine . If not ......

Hope this helps

Bishal

Answers (0)