cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error regarding cost element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

When i am going to calculate the cost in production order, system says error occured while calculating the cost.When i go to check the log,it shows the following error,

"Cost of cost element xyz cannot be assigned to any cost component (message no. ck578).

Diagnosis: In preliminary order costing or a confirmation, costs for cost element xyz were calculated that could not be assigned to any cost component of cost component structure 01.

These costs are from the usage of an internal activity(activity type s100) for cost center pivot.

Though its allowing to save me the production order than also i want to solve this error.Guys help me in doing so.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

I tried to see this in cost component structure,in valuation variant but i couldn't find over there.

Could you plz tell me where to check?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to check this calling your cost componenr structure using OKTZ.

Your Cost Element must be assigned to one of the components.

Cheers.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As there has been no further action by the author of the thread I assume the issue is resolved. Thread set to answered and full points awarded to Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you confirm if the CE assigned to the Activity Type is assigned to one of the components of your Cost Component Structure?

Cheers.