cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on vendor open item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of the vendor in my company code has open item and invoice was created last month and we have closed that period.

One of the user here wants to reverse the open item doc using FB08 but she is getting an error posting period not open. Could anyone give me suggestions , how to proceed with this kind of error. I will assign you points.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kavitha gaaru

even though period closing also how is it possible to reverse in f-02

arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

I never said we can reverse using F-02.

We use T.code FB08 to reverse a document.

durgasankar_innamuri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go to F-02 and choose post with reference give document number, company code and fiscal year

Choose reversal posting.

now press enter and go for simulate to see the entry reversed or not and to check the posting date. i am also did like this only. check it once it will help you.

Regards,

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kavita,

Usually as one of the best practices, closed periods are opened for a short while to make adjustment entries or perform reversal postings.

The authorization to open the closed periods is given to some senior level personnel in the organization. These are termed as special events and performed only at a certain pre-defined frequency.

Usually, emplyees concerned are notified thru a common communication system about this activity so that the adjustment entry or reversals could be performed at various levels. You would then be able to reverse the document once you are notified that the period is open forposting. Having completed the porcess the same perisonnel closed the period in the system.

If satisfied with response, please assign full points ...

thanks in advance

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

i suggest u to open the last month period and reverse the document. If it works let me know.