Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message CO-630: Distribution rule could not be created automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are attempting to use the following function module:

BAPI_PRODORD_CREATE

to create Production Orders with Co-Products as components. We are getting the following error:

Error Message CO-630: Distribution rule could not be created automatically

After searching the SDN forums, reviewing the config objects in Shop Floor Control (Order Dependant Parameters, for example), we're not finding a way to resolve this.

I would appreciate any and all ideas.

Regards, Brad Bodine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

what settlement rule are you using under controlling tab of Define Order Type-Dependent Parameters?

you must use default rule PP5 or PP6

please see this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/3a/babc84194c2180e0000800091c1b0e/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for such a prompt response. We are using settlement rule PP1. I investigated use of settlement rule PP5 or PP6 as you suggested. So far, I don't see either settlement rule available as a selection in the Order Type Dependant Parameters. Is there an add-on or enhancement pack that I would need to install for Mill Products that would enable these default settlement rules?

Kind regards,

Brad

Edited by: Brad Bodine on Oct 19, 2011 1:43 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to create the order manually via CO01 w/o getting the error?

Also in OPJH check the settlement rule maintained & in OPKT check the details of the rule. If you're not familiar with this aspect, its better you work with your FI-Co personnel to identify how the settlement rule has been setup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek - Yes, we are able to create orders for these materials using CO01 and using the BAPI for Planned Order to Production Order conversion.

I checked OPJH and it refers to Production Order types and when looking at the details, it references Settlement Profile, not "Default Settlement Rule". In OPKT, I see the Settlement Profiles and we're using PP01. Clicking through to the details I don't see a setting for equivalence, except to turn it off. When I tried to create the order, I got a hard error that the equivalence settlement is not allowed.

I appreciate your suggestions, will continue researching.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a follow up to this thread, we ended up trying two BAPI's unsuccessfully to create Production Orders with co-products:

1) BAPI_PRODORD_CREATE

2) COXT_BAPI_ORDER_CREATE

Both produced the Error Message CO-630: Distribution rule could not be created automatically.

After exploring some FI/CO config and Shop Floor Control config changes, we ended up choosing a different function module. We did not make changes to config.

The Function Module we're using is CLOI_CHANGE_UPL_31, which allows creation of multiple orders and allows a test run before commit.

I'm closing this thread as answered.