cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: M7279 Data for creating a delivery is incomplete (customer)

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello MM Sapper's,

I got the below error message when I tired to cancel the material document (GR-101) which has inbound delivery reference in MBST transaction. Please let me know how to over come this issue.

Data for creating a delivery is incomplete (customer)

Message no. M7279

Your valuable inputs are required.

PS: I refer some links related to this issue in SDN where Mr.Jurgen mentioned that customer number should assigned in vendor master record. In my case it is assigned already but still the error appears.

Cheers,

Kumar.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe this message is caused as a side effect after implementation of hotpackage or other OSS notes,

there is a pretty new note with a fix:

Note 1641106 - Error M7 279 issued incorrectly

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs.Let me check the OSS note mentioned by jurgen and revert back.

Cheers,

Kumar.S

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

You mean to say this new Note 1641106 - Error M7 279 issued incorrectly to be implemented in production system.Once it is done then i can able to do the GR cancellation in MBST.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Cheers,

Kumar.S

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, it is not garanteed that this note fixes your exact issue.

The note itself is a fix for a side effect that came in with another OSS note.

If you dont have this other OSS note in oyur system, then this note is not helpful for you.

But I just have to few info and background to give an exact solution.

It can as well be that your customer master is not completely maintained, e.g. sales org data missing, or anything else that is listed in the long text of message m7279

Had you checked all this?

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

I have replicated one scenario in Quality system and identify if the material doc GR - 101 which has inbound deliver reference then it needs to be reversed in VL09 and not in MBST.

But in one of my case the inbound delivery HU has been deleted / changed hence i could not able to reverse the same in VL09 and it gives me the below error in VL09

Handling units have been changed. No cancellation possible

Please let me know from you how i can proceed on this.

Your valauable inputs is required as usual

Cheers,

Kumar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check OSS notes: 850667

Edited by: Alan Love on Nov 10, 2011 11:10 AM

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Note Whihc you provide talks about SPED failure because of HU items referred twice and VL09 fails with error message HUGENERAL 327.In my case as i mentoied earlier i am getting the error in VL09 as below,

Handling units have been changed. No cancellation possible

Also there is no message number for the above error.

Please let me know while reversing the GR document in VL09 what should be the HU status.

Hope you are clear about my question.

Cheers,

Kumar.S

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

Any updates?

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for all your replies.

Issue is fixed.

Cheers,

Kumar.S

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar, How was this issue fixed? did you used any OSS or customizing?

henry_han
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

For the error, have you checked the below notes?

490865 - Creating inbound deliveries from replenishment delivery

723250 - M7279 when creating a delivery from MB1C

397627 - Creating delivery: Error with subcontract order

You may also check your customising of the ship-to party that is associated with the 3rd party.

The logic used to determine of customer is shown in the note 203267.

203267 - MBRL (Create delivery): Determination of customer

When the system tries to determine sales org/dc/division, first the table T001L is checked (SLoc level) and if nothing is found,

the next table is T001W (plant data). The system finds here the data & wants to use it, but the customer isn't maintained in the given sales area which raises the error.

Hope this helps.

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

pls refer the below links

Regards

Raj,

former_member219179
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

in your case you are getting error as Error: M7279- Data for creating a delivery is incomplete (Vendor)

but in my case i ma getting error as Error: M7279 Data for creating a delivery is incomplete (customer)

You mean for both the issue rootacuse is same.

IN my case i have also observed the inbound delivery HU got deleted and still TO is opend.

Now my question is whether i can cancel the GR document in MBST if it has inbound delivery refernce.Also how the inbound delivery HU got deleted manaully?Also please clarify me if the TO is confirmed whether it can be canceled or not?

Awaiting for your response.

Cheers,

Kumar.S