cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Standard LSMW : Maintain the conversion factor for the alternative unit PCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am uploading Material Master using Standard LSMW program RMDATIND. For few hundreds of materials it is giving error as "Maintain the conversion factor for the alternative unit PCS" . I cannot understand why I am getting this error because I am not maintaining any altenate unit of measure only base unit of measure is there.

Also suppose if base unit of measure is PCS then error message is "Maintain the conversion factor for the alternative unit PCS" and if base unit of measure is M then also it gives same error message as "Maintain the conversion factor for the alternative unit PCS"

Please help urgently because I am doing Go Live and need to fixed immediately.

Thanks

Murtuza Sadriwala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor

Do you have an assignment to BMMH6 structure?

Do you have any field mapping  for this structure?

Maintain one record manually in MM01. then check it again with MM03.

Goto the alternative units of measures and see what is in there.

I expect that you see an entry for 1PCS <=> 1 PCS

This is actually an entry in table MARM, and in doing MM01 manually SAP created such record automatically. However, if you load data, then this is a little different as RMDATIND is a direct input program, which means it does not mimic the online transaction , hence you have to supply all needed information yourself.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thanks everyone for your help.

The problem was unit of measure was assigned to commodity code in Foreign trade import view which was different from Base unit of Measure. This is the reason why system was asking for conversion factor.

Problem is solved.

Regards

MS

Former Member
0 Kudos

When use standard Program "RMDATIND" you will have all the fields available to upload might be you missed maintaining "/" for which you do not need to upload , check whether alternative base unit field and keep as"/" while uploading it will get upload in file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

@ Sudeep : My source structure only has base unit.

@ Suman : You are talking about mapping of which field I have not mapped any other unit fields.

@Dev : No , I am not using Order Unit or Unit Of Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please provide the screen shot of error.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When material created via LSMW, must be there any where PCS is maintained.

As you have said when you use M as base unit of measure then also you have got the message about PCS.

Then I hope problem is not in base unit of measure.

Must be there are somewhere PCS is maintained.

For material creation You can also use Bacth Input recording.

Here you can maintain your own data...

As you have run the program RMDATIND, there are must be something wrong.

Batch input Recording is little easy than Standard Batch/Direct Input (as per my experience).

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using any Order unit (Purchasing tab) or Unit of issue (Plant data/storage location 1 tab) for material master?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Someone please reply.

Regards

MS

sudeep_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your lsmw, is there any source structure alternate uom? if yes, check in assign files whether any files are assigned unknowingly.

Regards,

Sudeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cross check "Maintain Field Mapping and Conversion Rules" you might have mapped conversion field. I am just guessing from you question.