cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in exchange difference account due to document splitting characterstics for controlling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Document splitting is activated for profit center. But when we are doing vendor payment, system is bringing cost center in exchange rate diff. account from original vendor invoice, which we dont want. We want one default cost center in that account. System is ignoring default cost center assignment.

I think this is because cost center field is assigned in document splitting characterstics for controlling. So if we dont want system to behave in such a way, can i delete cost center field from this characterstic. Will it have any other impact.

Or is there any other solution to this?????

Please reply back asap.

Thank You

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

For clearing of (payment/receipt or open item clearing) Vendor/customers/GL generally system brings the invoice against Profit center OR cost center to clear the Vendor/customers/GL account.

If you don't want above exchange rate difference GL code assignment, please go to t.code

If you want for all transactions default cost center.

Go to t.code KA02 and provide your cost element (exchange rate difference GL code) and assign default cost center.

OR

Go to OKB9 t.code

Provide company code and cost element (exchange rate difference GL code)

then click on  Detail per business area/valuation area (if you want plant wise cost center)

Maintain valuation area (plant) cost center and profit center

OR

Click on Detail per profit center

maintain Profit center and Cost center

Please not that,

Define Document Splitting Characteristics for Controlling is activated for Cost Center-KOSTL with below path it will not bring default cost center whereas it shows the cost center values in New GL level.

Financial Accounting (New)->General Ledger Accounting (New)->Business Transactions->Document Splitting->Define Document Splitting Characteristics for Controlling

Please do not remove the above configuration

Regards

Ravi Polamaplli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

we have already defaulted cost center in OKB9. But system is ignoring that.

And system is bringing cost center from original expense line posted during vendor invoice. And we dont want system to bring that cost center and post it to defaulted cost center, we have to remove this setting. If you know any other setting let me know.

As far as New GL updation is concerned, i thought that happens on the basis of scenarios assigned to ledger, not this setting.

Please reply back.

Thank