cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Condition Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am using the VAT 5% ,Total goods purchase is 624 units and goods used is 27 units then what percent of "JVRN" tax i have to used ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand your question which is JVRN is your VAT condition type and you have tax code for VAT and maintain condition record with tax rate as 5% with JVRN condition type.

As you mentioned, system would not work! Now you must understand how taxes calculate in Purchase order. When you are creating a Purchase order with material, as tax applicable, you enter VAT tax code and system calculate total VAT amount no total material cost. On the process when you do Goods receipt and Invoice, based on material quantity involves, VAT is calculated and VAT never calculated individually.

As you said PO have 624 units and VAT will be there for 624 units.As now you received 27 units and done invoice, then VAT will be there for 27 units only.Balance 624-27=597 units, GR and IR to be done and VAT need to be calculated!

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

In hard copy of purchase order company purchasing 624 units for particuler job  with  VAT 5%  but only 27 units are consumed for this job. I have to take only consumed units in my "Purchase Order" so what condition type i have to maintained with how much percent?

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your purchase order created and released with 624 units with VAT tax code with VAT rate is 5% which you can view with your VAT condition type JVRN with VAT amount.

When you will goods receipt and then invoice receipt, you are not going do anything with VAT condition type or VAT amount, you are just going to enter actual unit which in 27 units in MIGO by changing default unit from 264units to 27 units, then system automatically will calculate the related VAT amount with percentage.

Furthermore when you will do goods receipt and then invoice receipt for balance 597 units ( 264 -27), then system will automatically calculate related VAT amount with percentage for 597 units

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx sir.........

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VAT has nothing to do with your goods issue, VAT is applied at purchase only which is 5% on 624 apart from that you are using JVRN which is inventorised VAT condition so 5% on 624 will already inventorised in your Stocks.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as far as i know, VAT is on what you purchase and not on what you consume

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes sir but for above query i have to use "JVRD" or "JVRN"?