cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error IBAN calculation in BP (vendor) financial & accounting

0 Kudos

Dear SAP,

I met an error when I create  BP (vendor financial accounting role), when I put bank details with the correct information, the system calculates a wrong IBAN please see the example below:

IBAN: IT02K0307501603CC1510650172

Bank key: 0307501603

Bank Account: CC1510650172

Control Key: K

I don't know why the IBAN is calculate wrongs.

Could you please help me?

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lucian
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

you shouldn't rely on the IBAN generation function included in the system. This was always the case.

Numbers generated are not 100% accurate so the values should always be validated with the bank or the business partner.

Maybe the combination bank code and branch code is not correct.

According to this link : https://www.iban.com/iban-checker

you need the bank ,branch and account no beside control key to generate the IBAN.

I checked you value there and it is valid , that doesn't mean it is assigned to the same customer/account .

I would always ask the partner to validate the payment details

Regards,

Lucian

Lucian
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I don't think you can do that in the self service apps.

If you are 100% sure that the values are ok and the validation is wrong I would recommend you to open an incident as this validation is done in a function module coded in the system.

If the values are not confirmed I would go to the BP and ask for an update since you will probably have to do that anyway as soon as the first payment occurs.

0 Kudos

Dear Lucien,

Do you know how I can disabled the IBAN control by SAP? I prefer to put the date previously validated form the business.

Thank you so much

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member132363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope this answered your question! If it did, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so I can continue learning and answering questions in the community.