cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error from "manage custom hierarchy type" app

jerry_wen
Participant
0 Kudos

When I tried to run the "manage custom hierarchy type" app, from manage global hierarchies app, I receive the following error:

Anybody know ho wo fix this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cfaustm3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You would have to develop your own CDS view to replace the master data association views delivered by SAP for the business area field, then enhance/extend the cube & consumption CDS views that feed data to Group Data Analysis, or any other reports/apps you're using. You would also have to create your own custom hierarchy type for that app in the UHDT* tables to enable it in the Fiori app. That's what makes it available in the 'Manage Global Hierarchies' app. I've not seen this done for business area, but know that it's possible for custom coding block dimensions.

That said, I suspect the reason this isn't available is because SAP doesn't recommend using this field going forward. It's no longer available for S/4HANA cloud, and this note says it's basically just still around for compatibility for ECC -> S/4 upgrade customers. So if you have the ability to switch to profit center, or some other field, you might want to pursue that option instead.

2760863 - Business Area is not available in SAP S/4HANA Cloud - SAP ONE Support Launchpad

-Chris