cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error for same Serial numbers in Return & Replacement Purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a requirement to process Vendor return by using a Return PO. My materials are serialized.

My first item post in my PO concerns the return. The second line concerns the replacement.

The issue is how to return and order the same serials numbers in the same Purchase Order.

Exemple : I have to return the defective materials SN001 and SN002 to make the supplier process to replacement. In the second line I'm not able to order 2PC with SN001 and SN002 as serial numbers.

The systems displays following error message : "serial numbers already assigned"

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183529
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning Patrick , Just return the line item you want to do the return delivery by ticking  the  appropriate line item

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply. But the issue is not " to be able to perform a vendor return". But to perform vendor return and replacement for the same serial numbers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find the error message in following pic

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please share the screenshot of IQ09 for these materials?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find the fllowing screenshot of the SN status

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't find anything wrong in the screenshot, please enter the serial number along with unique item identifier and change the stock type to blocked stock in the PO under the tab Delivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

done ! but same error. Serial number already assigned.

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure about this error but I request you to check, is there any Purchasing document with open status for this material with same serial numbers. I assume this might be a cause.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's my original point. I'm supposed to create a line item for the Return and another line item to replace my defect materials.

The question is : Is it possible to allocate same serial numbers on the two line items in the same purchase order.

Regards

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, it is not possible.

1) For returns - Create a  Purchase order with return indicator flagged and issue the goods to your Vendor with serial numbers.

2) For replacement - Create another Purchase order with free goods indicator flagged and post the goods receipt with serial numbers.

Message was edited by: Rosh A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

I've already tested this business flow and it works. I was trying to solve the issue considering the same Purchase order.

I close the ticket. Thanks for your support.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any other help to explain why I'm not able to choose the same serial numbers in my return PO.

Regards

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the serial numbers status in transaction IQ03 / IQ09.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The serial numbers have the status AVLB (available).

Regards