Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error-Exchange rate USD/EUR on 20130702 was not found- Foreign exchange issue

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I'm trying to create the deal with FTR_CREATE with below details.

Coco: ****

Product type: 60A    ( Customization kept Physical Exercise for settlement)

Transaction type: 102    

Business partner: XXXX

When i enter the deal as below and try to create a deal for Physical Exercise, I'm getting above mention error.

Buy

Sale
USD

EUR

Rate: 2.63
Spot1.31
swap:1.32
Value date: 5/7/2013

When i change the customization for the product type 60A and kept it blank and try to create cash settlement its working perfectly.

Now my question from where exchange rate is picked by system?  while creating a deal for physical exercise. i have check OB08 it not picked up date for physical settlement, Its only picked for cash settlement.

Could you please guide me on this, As its urgent and need to complete this testing ASAP.

Appreciate for your supports.

JV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jain,

Please see the enclosed screenshots. I hope are helpful.

Kind Regards

Ignacio Lopez

iglopez00003@hotmail.com

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ignacio López,

Greetings !

Thanks for taking out time and writing to me, I tried to simulate the same in my system and still getting same error, Below are my setting in system.

Could you please have a look and suggest what and where i went wrong.

I'm not able to upload the screenshot i took in my laptop. hence sending you mail in your mailing address.

Again thanks for all your support.

Regards,

Jain varghese

jainjasu@gmail.com

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

When you do a physical settlement the price in the trade is taken as a fix price. To adjust the FX rate from the trade versus the book value you have to run TPM18. The price is always coming from OB08. Please check the currency pairs.

When you execute a cash settlement the rate is given by the business partner you traded with. This is only used if the currencies are "NDF = non deliverable forward". The settlement then takes place in a currency where payments can be done. If you trade USD/INR the settlement is done in USD.

Kind regards

Juerg Heiz

juerg.heiz@treascon.com

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Juerg,

Thanks for the explanation.

Regards,

Jain

former_member198450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Juerg,

Actually, i'm not able to create the deal, While creating deal I'm getting exchange rate error.

Is there any other point which i might have missed while trying to create the forex deal.

Regards,

Jain