cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during MI01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP gurus,

While doing MI01 for some particular materials I am getting error message - "Special stock in plant does not exist".

Could someone please help me on this where could be the problem?

Thanks,

Sha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the intial selection screen of the MI01 transcation, after Plant code & Storage location there is one filed for Special stock.

Check that fileds, if you have given any value.

Regards

KRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply!!! but someone please reply me why that error is coming.

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In MI01 transaction in first screen below storage location field you might have selected special stock.For e.g consignment ,Pipe line materials...etc.As there is not stock available in your plant system giving message.Check in screen if you select any special stock category then remove it will allow you to post the document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply...

now my concern is -

User is trying to adjust consigned inventory in the field so in MI01 he is entering special stock indicator as W (customer consignment), during this he is getting error message u201CSpecial stock in plant **** does not exist". I checked in MMBE special stock is not there.

So my doubt is u2013 is it possible to adjust consigned inventory in MI01 if stock is not there?

thanks for your mail.

regards,

Sha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if the stock is not there in the Plant / SL, you can do GR but not GI.

Ex:

1.Stock is 0 for the material M1, plant 1000 & SL 0001.

Case 1. Physical count is 10. It means, physical stock is greater then the book (SAP) stock. Then SAP will do GR with the movement type 701 - GR phys.inv.: whse. These cases, even though stock is not there system will do GR with 701.

Case 2 : if the Physical count is 0 ( there is no cases less then 0 ), then the SAP will post PI document with out any quantity difference.

Case 3 : If the Physical count is -10 ( You want to scrap 10 qty), then SAP will try to post PI document with the movement type 702 - GI phys.inv.: whse. But because of no stock, SAP system won't allow to post the PI document.

Regards

KRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, what would i suggest to my client. he is using MI01.

Thanks,

Sha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shayan,

Ask your client to apply note 1360365 remove the programme error by code correction.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi...for your reply.

I tried in transaction MIGO to do GR with movement type u2013 701. while doing MIGO I am getting error saying - Movement type 701 is not planned for this operation.

So, could you please let me know in which tcode I can use movement type u2013 701.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could someone please reply to my previous mail.

thanks in advance.

regards,

Sha

0 Kudos

TCode is MB1C.

Thanks,

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

In standard system, 701 is not setup to be used with MIGO or such transactions. 701 is used for clearing inventory differences in IM and hence can be used only with e.g. MI07. If you wish to add stock of the material using 701 (which is actually reconciling the stock as you are doing PI), you have to complete the physical inventory process. That is, create a PI doc (MI01), enter count (MI04) and post differences (MI07). Alternatively, you can use MI10 for a single step PI. System will automatically add the excess stock using 701.

Hope this helps.

Rajiv..

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Thanks for your reply...

> now my concern is -

> User is trying to adjust consigned inventory in the field so in MI01 he is entering special stock indicator as W (customer consignment), during this he is getting error message u201CSpecial stock in plant **** does not exist". I checked in MMBE special stock is not there.

> So my doubt is u2013 is it possible to adjust consigned inventory in MI01 if stock is not there?

>

> thanks for your mail.

>

> regards,

> Sha

the special thing with special stocks is that you can only count what has been there in the past.

for example, you had moved batch number 1 into consignment stock, but instead of batch 1 number 2 was shipped.

Now you want do a phyiscal inventory to add stock for batch number 2.

In this case you get error message u201CSpecial stock in plant **** does not exist

This is caused by the fact that batch number 2 was never before in consignment stock., so no record in table MSKU exists, hence you cannot count.

In other words you have to create this record first, then oyu can count. Unfortunatly the only way is to move batch 2 into consignment stock and cancel this movement again. This creates the record in the table, now you can include this batch in physical inventory documents.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still this issue is oipen

Former Member
0 Kudos

we can not do the 561 movement. Please give some idea for this issue.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks for all your help.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you do not give any comments to the recommended SAP notes, can it be that you do not know what SAP notes are?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shayan,

Please refer below SAP notes it may help.

Please revert .

Note no 0000064448

Note no 0001360365

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In initial entry screen of MI01 have you selected any any special stock in the selection, you may check please.

Regards,

BK