Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error at payroll simulation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am doing payroll for India

when I am at simulation stage I got error as " Incorrect generation of wage types".

any body please help me

thanks

sirisha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have got error in WT, expand the log and see where exactly the error and modify the required WT.

Good Luck

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi OM

can U please give me your personal mail ID so that I can send screen shots to U. from last 2 days I am trying to overcome this error. (this is my mail ID : sirisha_yalamati@yahoo.com)

Thanks

Sirisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sirisha,

Can you send those docuemtns to me too. I will check it out.

My mail Id is jaanu.shree@gmail.com

Cheers

JS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mine is h.omprakash@gmail.com.

you are always welcome to share the knowledge.

Good Luck

Om

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All:

Pl remove the email addresses from your posts & use the Business Cards in your User profile instead.. you only invite SPAM by sharing them in the forums.

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suresh,

Thanks for the useful information.

Good Luck

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sirisha,

Payroll control record mainly have the following functions:

It determines the exact date for which the current payroll period runs.

It also defines the payroll past for the RetroActive Payrolll accounting.

It locks the master data and time data during the payroll run to prevent changes from being made. This lock is set for past payrolls and for the current one. Payroll data in the future can still be changed.

I think now you will have some idea about the control record.

Control record will be determined from the payroll area. The control record is basically defines the period. I think you are aware of all these things. Here the payroll area may be motnhly or weekly or daily whatever it may be it will be treated as Period. So the control record will have 12 periods if it is monthly payroll or 52 periods if it is weekly payroll. Ok. So the period whihc is in the control record will be used by the Payroll run for the Payroll to be run. You have hired an employee or the period 01.01.2007. So he will be getting salary in next month. For that you need to set your control record accordingly. For the month of January as per India settings the period will be 10.

Apr-01, May-02, ....., Jan-10, Feb-11 & Mar-12.

So you have to define the ocntrol record inorder to get the period from January. So yiu have to give 10 2006 in the control record, But when you release payroll for payroll to be run, The period in the control record will increase by 1. so you have to give 09 2006. Is this Understanble....

After that retro Acct date. This is something like see you hired an employee in the month of january and ran the payroll for the month of Jun. So if at all if you have given any bonus for that employee i.e. any arrears which have given to him then you have to use this retro period. So it will calculate all the arrears from date which you specified in the control record for Retro period. from that month it will calculate all the arrear. So you have to give 09 2006 for Retro period as well. If you change that it will solve your problem. After changing the date you have to come back and again hire an employee because you can't update Org assgmt infotype directly.

Ok I think this helps you.

Reward if helps.

Cheers

JS

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your information.

Sure I will mention business card form now itself.

Once again thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sirisha,

I hope you got my mail about the solution to your payroll simulation error.

Good Luck

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sirisha,

Let us know, have you got the solution or not.

If you got the solution, close the thread.

Good luck

Om.

Reward it, if u feel helpful.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sirisha,

I hope you received my mail.

Reward points if it is got cleared.

Cheers

JS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI sirisha

Did you got the solution for this error that you mentioned.....if you have got the solution then close thread or else ............

give details what have you given for the payroll run and the start date of the organization you have created and the start date for the wage types created...

All the best

K.Manoj