Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error at KEDU: Update program is active -> repeat function later

former_member636854
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While executing the COPA summarisation at t.code KEDU we are facing the error Message no. KE719 " Update program is active -> repeat function later" and the job is being cancelled after this error.

As browsed, SAP Note 1969894 is released in the year 2014 and no rectification or solution found in the note. SAP has just mentioned as to wait and run KEDU after 10 or 15 mins.

Can anyone please check and advice the solution to get rid of this error as we are facing this almost with every summarisaion job and is impacting the reporting.

At our SAP Environment, most of the jobs / users is being post the documents to COPA Tables (CE1NNNN) .

Thanks & Regards

Gopi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

PLease check below notes for your needful...

1969894 - Error KE719 in KEDU

903483 - KE719, KG353 when creating summarization levels or updating

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member636854
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What is the impact if i change the Message form Error to Warning.

Regarding Data in consistency  - We run the Summarization jobs more than once in a day and next job will obviously take care of the summarising the data which was being posted while previous Summarisation job.

Any issues of converting from Message KE719  from Error to warning.

Please advice.

Regards

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

It means that there was some data existing with Summarization levels.

In the transaction code KEDU please choose Rebuild radio button and execute it. Then the system deletes existing data and fill the data.

Regards

Ravi Polampalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu,

Changing from error to warning is not recommended due to reason provided in my previous reply. If the note 903483 is existed in your system, there is indeed no other solution than starting KEDU at a time when there are no other postings into CO-PA.

Regards, Gordon

former_member636854
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon & Vamsi,

I have already gone through SAP Note as mentioned in my original post.

And as I mentioned, we have jobs or users which will be posting documents to COPA round the clock.

So is there any possibilities :

1. Change settings such as Summarization program would not check the lock entries of COPA tables CESVB, CE1NNNN. In this case program would get the data from CE1NNNN table as at starting of the KEDU job.

OR

2. Can we change this message to Warning (From Error).

OR

Any other better alternative of this. Please advice.

Regards

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandu/Surya,
I think the best way to avoid the error is to plan the jobs when there is no posting. The error message KE719 arises when records are currently being posted in the operating concern. While processing the summarization level the actual records are recorded. When the system rebuild or update a
summarization level it is necessary to have a unique timestamp to determine  if a line item with a timestamp is already added to the sum level or not. Therefore SAP sets a lock whenever you post a new line item, get the  timestamp and release the lock. Therefore system make sure that it get a unique timestamp of a set of line items.

When you start an update or rebuild of the sum level you also need an unique timestamp and use therefore the same lock. This is part of standard system behavior (SAP note 903483).

Modification is required if you wish to change system behavior.

Best regards, Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Due to consistency, you are getting error message KE 719 when trying to create or rebuild summarization levels at the same time as postings (check by running transaction code SM12 if whether there is any locked entry in eg. table CESVB, CE1NNNN.

If the note is not feasible, you would need to plan your CO-PA summarization jobs time correctly.

Best regards, Gordon

suryavarma_co
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon Chai,

What Chandu says holds good. there can be no time in a day where we can say that there will be no COPA Postings. So in such case how do you schedule the Jobs.

Request you to help us understand what you meant by consistency check, as data posted in the last 30 min will not be considered.

This error is becoming a real pain especially in the month ends, wherein we schedule assessment Cycles and TDD as dependent jobs for Summarization.

Thanks & Regards

Surya Varma