cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error at JOB_RSVBCHCK phase "BATCH JOB RSVBCHCK FAILED"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I am upgrading from 4.6c to ECC 6.0, db MaxDB, using downtime startegy. But I am getting an error "BATCH JOB RSVBCHCK FAILED" at JOB_RSVBCHCK phase

Relvent log file gives the information as follows :

-

2EETG0505 update record still exist -- Please process 4 EPU202XEND OF SECTION BEING ANALYZED

-

I have checked SM13 no update records, no luck, please help its urgent.

Thanks and Regards

Abdul Majid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it´s "urgent", create an OSS call.

We had the same problem and the reason was, that we had one already processed but corrupt update record in the a table. I suggest you open an OSS call under BC-UPG, the support can check what is causing RSVBCHK to not continue.

Markus

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Majid,

I did face the same problem while doing an upgrade from 46C to ECC6.0 SR2 and there was no records in SM13 but still this job was failing.So i have truncated the record from the table - VBERROR,VBHDR.

If still the problem exists then check and delete the error record from the tables vbdata and vbmod.This should definitely help you continue with the upgrade.

Thanks and Regards,

-Bijesh.

0 Kudos

You don't have to ignore.

If SM12 cleanup doesn't work or you don't see any records ,You can safely truncate tables vbdata,vbhdr,vberror and vbmod using database tools and repeat the phase, that should fix it.

Regards

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Majid,

There might be some very old records, still existing in the update queue.

In SM13, list out existing update records. Per your case, it might show no update records exist. In the same screen, you can go to the menu option : Update Records --> Reorganize. This would reorganize the update queue and deletes incomplete update requests.

This should most likely solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks, but there are not update records neither its allowing its doing and update recorde reorganization.

However I have Ignored the phase and its proceeded.

Thanks Again

Abdul .

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will stop later again (after PREPARE and when the upgrade starts) with the same error - this can´t be ignored then.

Open an OSS call and let the people look on the system.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Majid,

As mentioned yes it might stop after prepare phase, better to raise an OSS call.

Cheers

Deepanshu