cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP System credibity.. Aging issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

ERP system creditbilty is at stake as quoted by my client when issue was encountered regarding thousands of customer invoices.

Payment term was made using Posting date as default for baseline date. When invoices were raised the system didnt pick the posting date for invoice. It is fetching some other date and can be seen in FBL5N. I dont know why is happening. Our senior FI consultants are stuck. There are around 1000 invoices whose aging has been distorted due to this. Please advice what to do. We have raised OSS note as well.

Moderator: Please, don't use 'dramatized' titles in this forum; a functional title gives more credibility

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Have you checked in your copy controls for the updation of Base line Date T Code VTAF

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Please check the following

1....Payment terms which are problematic should be checked for their configuration OBB8.. Has the baseline date really been set as invoice posting date

2.... Check out payment term in line item level.

3... Run FBL5N ....with posting and baseline date for payment fetched into your layout and compare them.

Revert back

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked payment terms in OBB8 as well. It is configured as i mentioned. Any further response

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in OBBH if there is any substitution rule written in the system to over ride th date.

Also please let us know whihc date system is picking is it Doc Date or Entry Date or which Date?

Regards,

Vivek

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also you can check the Billing Plan Configuration in SPRO> Sales and Distribution>Billing-->Billing Plan

If it doesnt work, then please work with your ABAPer to debug the system that from where the date is picked.

Br,Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

No subsitutiön rules are used in our company.System is picking 31.07.2011 as a baseline date for all these invoices which conflicts with the posting date of invoices. Completely stuck with this no response from SAP Support at yet.

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please let us know you Posting date of Invoice?

Also please let us know the following details:

T-Code OBB8

Day Limit =

Under base Line Date Calculation

Fixed Day=

Additional Month=

What is Percentage = and No of days..

Br, Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Day limit

Fixed days

Add. Mönths

%age

No days: 30

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Can you please elaborate the complete cycle for Invoice creation through SD. Check all dates for problematic invoices in VF03 in line item and revert back with data.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1st contract is created

Next sale order is created with refrence to contract

After that DO and billing document is generated.

And for dates i took one invoice at random in which aging was distorted from header data in VF03.

dates in it are

billing date 13.06.2011

pricing date 13.06.2011

serv.rendered 13.06.2011

Fixed value date 31.07.2011 ( this seems copied as Baseline date but i tried whole day today but couldnt find from where it copied)

Payment terms were 30 days net for this invoice

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in VF03 header data is there any Value in Addit. Value days.

Also Check your Sales Order header Tab Billing Document the Value in Add.value days

Regards,

Vivek

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Do you maintain conditions for invoice creation in VK11. This fixed value date seems to be copied from the payment term you specified in condition master data VK11. Please check and revert back.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me check

Edited by: Lilli_FI on Jun 20, 2011 9:47 AM

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if there are different payment terms maintained on Customer Master data and on the Invoices.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Payment terms are picked from sale order line item level.