cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment installation/dismantle through IE02, IQ02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We create a Equipment "A" with a Validity date in the past for example 01.01.2012.

Then we create a Equipment "B"with Material and Serial number concept with the same Validity date 01.01.2012.

For Equipment "B" - we try to install the Equipment "A" has superior Equipment.

Through IQ02, When we do the Equipment installation -> maintained the Superior Equipment "A" and gave Installation date as 01.01.2012.

Valid from DATE changes to the default System Date and Time.

As for this case, We have given the installation date as 01.01.2012 but the Valid from date is changing to System Date and Time.

Is there any possibility not to change the Valid from date for this case.

Kindly suggest

Raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member806758
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja Pandian,

we have to do installation/dismantle through IE02 only,

this is for euipment oriented activities....

IQ02 is used for serial number purpose only...

it is used to create equipment as material and material as equipment,

that link is called serial number.

i think this useful for u...

Regards

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

I got your point. Fine.

My requirement is -> Is it possible through IQ02 [ Valid from DATE must not change to the default System Date and Time through IQ02 ]

Any options.

Regards,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally valid from date will be the current date on which the particular changes happened. But this date will not be considered in any business transactions.

Either Installation date or start up date will be considered for your analysis purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

We are not facing the issue, when we do installation of Equipment for the above mentioned case, through IE02 transaction.

But through IQ02,we are facing the problem. I think Standard SAP, behaves like this.

Through IE02 ->

When we do the Equipment installation -> maintained the Superior Equipment "A" and gave Installation date as 01.01.2012.

Valid from DATE does not change to the default System Date and Time.

But through IQ02 -> When we do the Equipment installation -> maintained the Superior Equipment "A" and gave Installation date as 01.01.2012.

Valid from DATE changes to the default System Date and Time.

Actually as it is not changing through IE02, then how come it is changing in IQ02.

Any solution for this.

Raja