cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment Categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

While Maintaining Equipment Categories I can see only three referance Categories i.e Machine, Production resources/tools and Customer equipment.

Can we define more than 3 referance categories, If yes where?

Regards,

Addi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PMAddi,

You can create your own categories in SAP,

Goto SPRO T-code sap img -> 'Master data in Plant Maintenance and Customer services' -> 'Technical objects' -> 'Equipment' -> 'Equipment categories' -> Maintain equipment category' here you can define your own sap category. after that define the number ranges for that categories.

Thanks and regards,

Krish....

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krish,

I think the question relates to Equipment Reference Category and not Equipment Category

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PeteA,

You are right, I want to create Equipment Referance Categories.

Regards,

Aditya

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aditya,

Then its not possible in the standard system without modification..

I don't know the implications of modifying this Domain, so I would recommned you open an OSS Message to SAP and see what they recommend.

PeteA

Patho
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good day,

I see your point since I have also such a requirement: I would like to create a reference category since The reference category also controls the Customizing of history-relevant fields of an equipment master record and, therefore, the updating of the usage list. I do not want to impact the other types of equipments which we are already using.

(In this example: Create a reference cat called "Documents" which we would use to track and control the distribution physical copies of documents (drawings, book or periodicals, tapes, manuals, etc), linked to DIR for the metata and Original digital copy.)

Were you able to succesfully add to the list of ref. Categories?

I have indeed also found that this list is maintained in the "Value Range" tab of the Domain "REFTP", Package IEQM

Trying to go from display to change mode I get

"

Diagnosis

The object R3TR DOMA REFTP is assigned to the software component SAP_APPL through its package.

This software component is not modifiable in this SAP System.

System Response

The function terminates.

Procedure for System Administration

Check whether you can modify software component SAP_APPL.

You can set the modifiability of software components in the Transport Organizer Tools under Administration -> Set System Change Option.

"

Were you able to succesfully add to the list of ref. Categories?

thanks in advance!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As RC can not be maintained I close this post

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PMAddi,

It is not possible to create Equipment reference category

Thanks and regards,

Krish...

Edited by: Krish......... on Jun 16, 2009 5:35 PM

Edited by: Krish......... on Jun 17, 2009 10:41 AM

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Addi,

The Equipment Reference Category information is held in Domain REFTP and is an SAP object (see TCode SE11).

As such, you cannot change this data without modifying your system.

Why do you want to change this data?

PeteA

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i think it is not possible to create new equipment reference category ,it is predefined in SAP

regards

thyagarajan