cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

entering storage type in LT01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question - When we use LT01 for a BIN to BIN move, on the second screen when I enter the source target bin then, I hit enter it finds the first storage type in my search sequence although the BIN I entered is NOT in the storage type. We do NOT have duplicate BINs across all our storage types, is there any way to influence the storage type based on the BIN entered ?? Seem non-value add to enter storage type .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brett ,

it's totally depends upon search strategy ... first it'll search which search strategy assign with your storage type as in " putaway" & " stock removal " ....

then it comes under storage type / bin level ..... first u've to assign ur storage type with a predefined or customised  storage unit type search ... then ur bin should be come under a bin type ... then that bin type assign with that specified storage unit type ...

you can get to know these details from environment -> goto log .... 

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Brett,

Regardless of the transaction you use SAP has a standard way of determining bins i.e it will check the material master ,pick the storage type indicator and accordingly check the search strategy for the process (picking or put away) .

In your case also SAP even though you may have unique bins in all the storage types, the system determines the storage type indicator and then goes the the first storage type as per the search strategy for put away. There it does not find the bin you have entered and the search fails. If you enter the correct storage type this over rides the search strategy and the system searches for the bin in the storage type you have entered .

Hope this answers your question.

regards,

Samir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brett,

• What is the scenario ?and why you want your strategy based on bins.

• it looks like you want to put a particular or some material in fixed bin when ever there is a movement with 999 in LT01.
  • You can inflence your stoarge type search by simple creating a Bin type and configuring in stoarge type search under STRATEGIES-->Activate storage type seach

Also have a look in the link, User Exits for Strategies,.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c6/f846014afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

• Storage bin type
Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenerio is this , the picking strategy looks at lowest to highest tier. So I understand why its coming up with the storage type that it does but in the cases where I am doing a BIN to BIN (to move product down to the lower tiers) IF I only have unique BIN (names) in the warehouse its redundant step to have the user insert the storage type. The storage type can be derived from the BIN they insert. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walton,

Influencing the storage type search based on Bin is not possible because the search strategy first determines the storage type, then storage section (if activated) and finally goes to bin level. The reason behind this is simple, it follows the org structure in WM that is Warehouse number-> Storage type-> Storage section-> Storage bin. Since storage bin being the lowest organizational unit it is always determined in the last.

Please note that the system always defaults the storage type assigned in the search sequence during the TO creation and you can change this data manually in LT01 screen.

Regards

Vijay