cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance the selection criteria of COOIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My role is Basis, I have a problem with tcode COOIS. Users normally execute the COOIS and not enter the sensible selection criteria. It make very high system performance during run and use more than 70% of SAP paging after finished. Normally SAP performance is good enough, I cant imagine if user execute COOIS more than 1 session. They're also not accept to execute in background due to their existing operation design but only thing I can thinking now is make more restriction for the selection criteria.

Pls suggest me ur best practise that, How can I hide or lock the unneccessary selection criteria in COOIS? And set the default variant for everytime user run tcode COOIS or else that can enhance the COOIS.

Regards,

Piyapong C.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Piyapong using variants we can solve this problem.In the initial screen enter the selection parameters as per your requirements after that save that variant.After that when you run the COOIS again,run with this variant.

In this you can protect the field,hide the field and you can make the field as required field(mandatory entry).

Regards,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have created transaction variant with specific fields (plant+order type) and fixing the variant which cannot be changed by user so that always plant and order type will be filled

You can restict the authorization to change the variant so that people cannot change the variant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesha, your suggest for transaction variant are interesting. could u please give me more detail about how to create and activate it? And which object I can set to not allow for changing the variant?

May u clarify it.

Thanks

Piyapong C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can use SHD0 transaction to create a transaction variant and make the fields mandatory...

pl check and come back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make relevant variants ,and hide /or protect fiels,as per the requirement.

when executing transaction, relevant variant can be selected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Stuti for ur reply,

Can i make it automatically fill in the variant as default for COOIS? I dont need to leave it blank first and selected the variant like presently operation.

Regards,

Piyapong C.