Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End date precedes start date

former_member210568
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have been facing an issue with info types 584,585 and 586. While updating these info types system saved these with the wrong dates i.e. BEGDA - 01.04.2015 and ENDDA - 31.03.2013. Tried to delete the records, but got an error "END DATE PRECEDES START DATE".

I have checked the earlier posts regarding this issue. Checked the table V_T54C0 and found that the entries are correct for Country - India. Executed the report PC00_M40_SWCH, but this report does not gave me the output. Checked with the technical people also, still no use.

Request you to please help me on this. Kindly refer the attached screen shot.

Thanks,

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Payroll control record. What is the current period for the Payroll area

former_member210568
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry for delayed response. Our networks were down.

I have checked the control record for the payroll area. The current period is 12 of 2011 (01.03.2012 to 31.03.2012). The control record is in exit state.

Please suggest the solution.

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your Error is because of this .. It will always consider the end date of financial year as per the payroll control Record.

You change it to 01.2012 ( April 2012 )

You will get the correct end date.

You have process payroll for March 2012 right .    then Exit it ... and if offcycles are completed please make the status of payroll control record as release for payroll .... make the current period as 01-2012 ( April 2012 ) .

Wait for off cycle processes to finish,if any is there...... then release for 01-2012 ( April 2012 )

former_member210568
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the solution Sujith. Now I could create the records with the correct dates.

But have one doubt. How can I delete already saved records with the wrong dates? Still system is throwing the same error "END DATE PRECEDES START DATE".

Please help.

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to delete it from tables ...Back end ... if it is huge data .. other wise do manually

Tell your ABAPer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because of  BDC in forceful uploaded data. Not maintain validation correctly.

former_member210568
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sujith,

Could you please let me know the process for deleting the records?     

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not an ABAPer

Please Check this article published in SCN, believe it will be helpful

Courtesy: David García Ortega

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e076abe3-6e2c-2e10-b7ab-f1ae650de...

It is better to talk with an ABAPer and let them to do if you are not aware of this activity .

If it is a production system be very careful while  doing such activity

former_member210568
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sujith for helping me to solve the issue. The link is useful.

Points are rewarded.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are uploaded through BDC right? means your data is wrongly processed. The attached file showing same wrong things.

Try to maintain manually. you will get awareness of start date and date date.

The current financial year start date is 01042012  and end ate is 31.03.2013. it would be appear based on control record in what you say info types by default.

Why you are updated data next financial year also according to your attached file only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of deleting, extend out your 01.04.2011 - 31.03.2012 to 31.12.9999.  Then, attempt to recreate the records with the correct dates.