cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded XML Editor

former_member247972
Participant

Does anyone know anything about enabling the embedded xml editor?  I do not see the folder referenced in the documentation below in the database.  I see the internal folder but there is not external folder.  I am currently able to edit the xml document using XML Spy via URL.

3.3 Configuring the Development Environment

With this function you define settings for your development environment. To configure the development environment, choose Maintenance > Cfg Dev Environment.

Embedded XML Editor

If you have an embedded XML editor available in folder /com.sap.b1i.vplatform.directory/external, the integration framework opens the embedded editor and does not open a browser window, if you select the checkbox.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Domnic
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas + all,

The Embedded XML Editor check box is to enable Altova XMLSpy Editor right in your browser screen to edit your XSL transformations. In order to get this working, you need to install the XMLSpy integration package from Altova  http://www.altova.com/ide_integration.html. You need to have a valid license for Altova XML Editor. Take care in choosing the right OS version, release and patch level. Once installed the above check box would enable the edit icon for XSL transformations in debug mode.

cheers

Domnic

former_member247972
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Domnic.  I already had XMLSpy Pro.  Hopefully this will make life easier.

Tom

former_member247972
Participant
0 Kudos

Domnic,

Can you tell me what you have in folder

/com.sap.b1i.vplatform.directory/external

I have a licensed version of XMLSpy and have installed the integration package.

Tom

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I'm also wondering about the embedded XML Editor. But I like to advise you to use NetDrive, this utility wil mount the B1i Webdav as a network drive in your Windows system. Using NetDrive you have the ability to use any XML editor you like or copy and paste files.

Kinds Regards,

Roel van Egmond

former_member247972
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Roel,

This helpful.  I still have a support ticket on this subject with SAP.  I will post their response when/if they respond to the issue.

Thanks again,

Tom Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

You are welcome. Just in case...

For NetDrive you need the following URL for Webdav:

http://localhost/B1iXcellerator/exec/webdav

The port number (8080) goes in the separate field.

The username and password are the same as for the webinterface.

Kinds Regards,

Roel van Egmond

bhavank_gajjar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roel ,

I have installed NetDrive but when I am connecting my Webdav it shows message as

Mouting Drive X: failed

Logon failed.Please check the internet connection.

Any Settings are requires before this connection on B1i Portal.

Can you please share settings detail to connect.

Regards,

Bhavank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavank,

My colleague (Roel) is on a holiday.

In order to enable webdav support you should edit the xcellerator.cfg file in your B1i installation folder.

i.e.: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Business One Integration\IntegrationServer\Tomcat\webapps\B1iXcellerator\xcellerator.cf

Search for the following line:

xcl.webdav=disabled

Change it to:

xcl.webdav=full

Save the file and restart the B1 Integration Windows Service.

Now you should be able to connect with NetDrive just fine.

Regards,

Jeroen

bhavank_gajjar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for update.

Issue resolved.

Thanks,

Bhavank