Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic BRS - Single statement with multiple parts

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I got a bank statement (MT940 format) from one of my banks. In that statement, bank has given multiple break ups. This breaks ups are identified by 60M and 62M. 60M and 62M represents mid way opening and closing balance. More over its statement number is 2085 / 1 (i.e. 1st part of statement number 2085) and 2085 / 2(i.e. 2nd part of statement number 2085).

(Refer screenshot attached highlighted in yellow)

Please let me know, how we need to upload this statement in SAP. Will SAP take such types of statement without any problem (in TCode: FF_5) or do we have to change this statement and then upload in SAP.

Please let me know how such statements are handled in SAP.

--

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no problem if all parts of the statement are in the same file and in right sequence.

If you are receiving them in separate files, you have to concatenate them into a single file (and right sequence) before launching program RFEBKA00.

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Henri

How will I have to concatenate?.. Will I have to write ABAP code?

--

Deepak

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

ABAP code is a solution. If the file sequence may be defined without reading file contents, a solution may be found at system level (by unix command if your system is in unix). But in this case, you must know how to get the right sequence:

- if there is a timestamp in the filename given by the bank, it is easy to sort the individual files in right sequence before concatenating, and it may be done at unix level.

- if not, I think you have to write an ABAP: in this ABAP. you read the directory and store the filenames in a table. The you read partially each file for getting the row :28 for getting the sequence; you store this in the table; sort the table according the sequence and finaly read all files in sequence and build a single file in output.

best regards,

Henri

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in our case we are also receiving files containing

Intermediate closing balance :62M:

Intermediate opening balance :60M:

final closing balance :62F:

Initial opening balance:60F:

and there is no problem, it is foreseen by SAP, but all parts of the stement bust be contained in the same file.

In our case all parts of the same statement are privided by the bank in the same file.

I know that in other countries some banks are sending each part of the statement in separate files.

You should check with your bank with actual files.

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Henri

Since U are also receiving the same files, did u done ABAP coding for handling 60M and 62M?

-Deepak

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

there is no need for abap coding for this. It is foreseen in program RFEKA400 (called by RFEBKA00 for MT940 format). There may be only one 60F in the whole statement and only one 62F. Between 60F and 62F you may have several times 62M followed by 60M. Before each :60F: or :60M: we have :20: :25: and :28C: (I'm not sure they are all mandatory).

If you have this sequence, there is no problem with these tags.

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok

I got little confused because earlier you suggested ABAP and now in above reply it seems to be the standard process.

So I take it as a standard solution.

I hope m on correct path.         

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to upload the statement? Is there any error?.

Statement should be uploaded successfully if the balance break ups are given in following fields for MT940 statement.

Intermediate closing balance :62M:

Intermediate opening balance :60M:

final closing balance :62F:

Initial opening balance:60F:

Regards

Shanid

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shanid,

There will be huge sample data creation for trying this. Hence I wanted to confirm this before doing this sample upload.

Can you please share your experience.?

-

Deepak