cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFFECT OF TAX PROCEDURE

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

First we configured CIN settings (TAXINN procedure) in our 650 client (DEV clinet) later we changed to TAXINJ in DEV itself and again we changed to TAXINN only. Now the tax codes are not working while doing the MM transaction is coming stating that Tax code is not assigned to TAXINN procedure. Now i want to know is there any effect by chaning the tax procedure like this manner will effect the tax codes or not? Please help me in solving this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sravani

instead providing link i providede the entire informtaion ....so dont confuse at the first part that copyy rights etc...,ok

any queries reply me

thanks

karthik

if helpfull rewrad me points

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sravani,

the following are the SAP Tax Procedures to configure

OBBG - Assign Country to calculation procedure.

OBCO - Specify structure for Tax Jurisdiction code. For country like U.S.A.

LG -> character length of first level of hierarchy within your tax jurisdiction code structure.

LG -> Second level of hierarchy as above.

LG -> Third level of hierarchy as above.

LG -> Fourth level of hierarchy as above.

TX -> Tick if you want the system to determine taxes on a line by line basis instead of determining them on a cumulative basis

per tax jurisdiction code.

OBCP - Define Tax Jurisdiction code

Dil -> Tick if you do not want tax amounts included in the based amount used for calculating cash discounts.

Txl -> Tick if you want the cash discount amount deducted from the base amount that is used to calculate taxes.

FTXP - Define Taxes on Sales/Purchases Code.

OBCL - Allow Tax codes for non-taxable transactions.

External Tax Determination U.S.

SAP AG

Neurottstr. 16

69190 Walldorf

Germany Configuration Guide

Copyright

© Copyright 2006 SAP AG. All rights reserved.

No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or for any purpose without the express permission of SAP AG. The information contained herein may be changed without prior notice.

Some software products marketed by SAP AG and its distributors contain proprietary software components of other software vendors.

Microsoft, Windows, Outlook, and PowerPoint are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.

IBM, DB2, DB2 Universal Database, OS/2, Parallel Sysplex, MVS/ESA, AIX, S/390, AS/400, OS/390, OS/400, iSeries, pSeries, xSeries, zSeries, z/OS, AFP, Intelligent Miner, WebSphere, Netfinity, Tivoli, and Informix are trademarks or registered trademarks of IBM Corporation.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation.

UNIX, X/Open, OSF/1, and Motif are registered trademarks of the Open Group.

Citrix, ICA, Program Neighborhood, MetaFrame, WinFrame, VideoFrame, and MultiWin are trademarks or registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc.

HTML, XML, XHTML and W3C are trademarks or registered trademarks of W3C®, World Wide Web Consortium, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Java is a registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc.

JavaScript is a registered trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc., used under license for technology invented and implemented by Netscape.

MaxDB is a trademark of MySQL AB, Sweden.

SAP, R/3, mySAP, mySAP.com, xApps, xApp, SAP NetWeaver, and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries all over the world. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies. Data contained in this document serves informational purposes only. National product specifications may vary.

These materials are subject to change without notice. These materials are provided by SAP AG and its affiliated companies ("SAP Group") for informational purposes only, without representation or warranty of any kind, and SAP Group shall not be liable for errors or omissions with respect to the materials. The only warranties for SAP Group products and services are those that are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services, if any. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty.

Icons

Icon Meaning

Caution

Example

Note

Recommendation

Syntax

Typographic Conventions

Type Style Description

Example text Words or characters that appear on the screen. These include field names, screen titles, pushbuttons as well as menu names, paths and options.

Cross-references to other documentation.

Example text Emphasized words or phrases in body text, titles of graphics and tables.

EXAMPLE TEXT Names of elements in the system. These include report names, program names, transaction codes, table names, and individual key words of a programming language, when surrounded by body text, for example, SELECT and INCLUDE.

Example text Screen output. This includes file and directory names and their paths, messages, source code, names of variables and parameters as well as names of installation, upgrade and database tools.

EXAMPLE TEXT Keys on the keyboard, for example, function keys (such as F2) or the ENTER key.

Example text Exact user entry. These are words or characters that you enter in the system exactly as they appear in the documentation.

Variable user entry. Pointed brackets indicate that you replace these words and characters with appropriate entries.

External Tax Determination

1.1 Prerequisites

Before using this configuration guide, you need to install the following building blocks in the order shown:

Building Block Description

B32 Best Practices R/3 Installation

V32 Best Practices Technical Objects (Manual DDIC, Tables, User Exit, Routine) + Install Transport

J02 Organizational Structures

V03 Financial Accounting

V08 Basic Controlling

V05 Delta Materials Management

J04 Sales and Distribution

V04 Delta Sales and Distribution

1.2 Configuration

1.2.1 Defining Physical Destination

Use

This activity defines an RFC destination.

Procedure

1. Run the following activity:

SAP R/3 Menu Logistics  Central Functions  Supply Chain Planning Interface  Core Interface Advanced Planner  Settings  RFC Destination for Application

Transaction Code SM59

2. On the Display and Maintain RFC destinations screen, click TCP/IP connections.

3. Choose the Create button.

4. In the RFC Destination screen, enter the following:

RFC destination VERTEX_MAXTAX

Connection type T

Description 1 Connection to Vertex

5. On the Technical settings tab, enter the following:

Gateway host Vertex server’s name

Gateway service Your gateway service for Vertex server

6. Choose the Save button.

1.2.2 Define Logical System

Use

This activity defines the logical destination for external tax determination.

Procedure

1. Start the following activity:

IMG Menu Financial Accounting (New)  Financial Accounting Global Settings  Tax on Sales/Purchases  Basic Settings  External Tax Calculation  Define Logical Destination

Transaction Code SPRO

2. Enter the following values:

N Ex Event for ext. taxation proc. Function Module RFC Destination

1 V JUR RFC_DETERMINE_JURISDICTION VERTEX_MAXTAX

2 V TAX RFC_CALCULATE_TAXES1 VERTEX_MAXTAX

3 V UPD RFC_CALCULATE_TAXES1 VERTEX_MAXTAX

3. Choose Save.

1.2.3 Maintain Pricing Procedures

Use

This activity maintains pricing procedures.

Procedure

IMG Menu Sales and Distribution  Basic Functions  Pricing  Pricing Control  Define and Assign Pricing Procedures

Transaction Code SPRO

Table VV_T683_VA

N Cl U App Proc LA Destination TSPP PrTy

1 030 A V ZVAXUD EN BU SMB with ext. Jurisd.NEW

2 030 A V ZCAX01 EN Intercompany Billing US Ext. X

3 030 A V ZDPJXD EN myPCC US DownPaym/Tax per doc.

4 030 A V ZSER02 EN Service BP Exp Settlement Ext.

5 030 A V ZSPUS1 EN SP:Resource Related Bill Ext.

6 030 A V ZSPUS2 EN SP: Res Rel Bill Down Pay Ext.

7 030 A V ZSPUS3 EN SP: Res Rel Bill CrossComp Ext

8 030 A V ZU0030 EN Credit memo (US) Ext.

3. Choose Save.

1.2.4 Define Pricing Procedure Determination

Use

This activity defines pricing procedures.

Procedure

IMG Menu Sales and Distribution  Basic Functions  Pricing  Pricing Control  Define and Assign Pricing Procedures

Transaction Code OVKK

Table V_T683V

N SOrg DChl Dv DoPr Cupp PriPr CTyp

1 BP01 01 01 A 1 ZVAXUD PR00

2 BP01 02 01 A 1 ZVAXUD PR00

3 BP01 01 01 I 1 ZCAX01

4 BP01 01 01 V 1 ZSPUS1 RB00

5 BP01 01 01 W 1 ZSER02

6 BP01 01 01 W 2 ZSER02

7 BP01 01 01 Z 1 ZU0030

8 BP01 02 01 Z 1 ZU0030

9 BP01 03 01 I 1 ZCAX01

10 BP01 03 01 I 1 ZCAX01

3. Choose Save.

1.2.5 Activate External Tax Interface

Use

This activity activates external tax interface.

Procedure

IMG Menu Financial Accounting (New)  Financial Accounting Basic Settings (New)  Tax on Sales/Purchases  Basic Settings  External Tax Calculation  Activate External Tax Calculation

Transaction Code SPRO

Table V_TXD_E

N Reference Ex version of the tax interface TC RFC Destination

1 TAXUSX V TAXDOC00 VERTEX_MAXTAX

3. Choose Save.

1.2.6 Assign Country to Tax Calculation Procedure

Use

This activity assigns a country to tax calculation procedure.

Procedure

IMG Menu Financial Accounting (New)  Financial Accounting Basic Settings (New)  Tax on Sales/Purchases  Basic Settings  Assign Country to Calculation Procedure

Transaction Code SPRO

Table V_005_E

N Cty Proc Name

1 US TAXUSX

4. Choose Save.

1.2.7 Allocate Company Code to Non-Taxable Transactions

Use

This activity allocates company code to non-taxable transactions.

Procedure

IMG Menu Financial Accounting (New)  Asset Accounting  Asset Accounting(Lean Implementation)  Organizational Structures  Assign Input Tax Indicator for Non-Taxable Acquisitions

Transaction Code OBCL

Table V_001_J

N CoCd Company Name City Input tax code Output tax code Jurisdict. code

1 BP01 SAP Best Practices Palo Alto I0 O0 XX00000000

3. Choose Save.

1.2.8 Create Number Range for External Tax Document

Use

This activity creates a number range for the external tax document.

Procedure

IMG Menu Financial Accounting (New)  Financial Accounting Basic Settings (New)  Tax on Sales/Purchases  Basic Settings  External Tax Calculation  Define Number Ranges for External Tax Returns

Transaction Code OBETX

Table NRIV

N Object Name Subobject value Number range number To year From number To number Curr. Number External

1 ETXDC_NR 01 0000 000000000001 999999999999

3. Choose Save.

1.2.9 Activate External Updating

Use

This activity activates external updating.

Procedure

IMG Menu Financial Accounting (New)  Financial Accounting Basic Settings (New)  Tax on Sales/Purchases  Basic Settings  External Tax Calculation  Activate External Updating

Transaction Code SPRO

Table V_TRWCA

N Comp To year Activ

1 EXTX 2999 X

3. Choose Save.

1.2.10 Creating Tax Codes for External Tax Calculation

Use

This activity creates tax codes for external tax calculation.

Procedure

Transaction Code FTXP

2. The following five tax codes were created for the tax procedure TAXUSX and country US.

Tax Code Description Condition types Tax Type Relevant to Tax Tax Category

O0 A/R Sales Tax Exempt Condition types XR1–XR6 are maintained with a 100% rate. A

(Output tax) 2

O1 A/R Sales Tax Condition types XR1–XR6 are maintained with a 100% rate. A

(Output tax) 0

I0 A/P Tax Exempt Condition types XP1I–XP6I are maintained with a 100% rate. V

(Input tax) 2

I1 A/P Sales Tax Condition types XP1I–XP6I are maintained with a 100% rate. V

(Input tax) 0

U1 A/P Self Assessment Use Tax Condition types XP1I–XP6I are maintained with a 100% rate. Negative 100% is entered for condition types XP1U–ZP6U to force the credit entry to the tax liability accounts. V

(Input tax) 0 1 (Consumer Use Tax)

The values in the Relevant to Tax column can be interpreted as follows:

• Setting the Relevant to tax indicator to 2 will bypass the call to the external tax system, which saves processing time. If handling exemptions within Vertex or Taxware, then this indicator must be set to 0 or space, because the call must be made to Vertex or Taxware to access their exemption handling.

• Leaving the Relevant to tax indicator blank means that the tax code is relevant to tax and a call will be made to Vertex or Taxware to decide the tax rate.

You can verify the settings using transaction FTXP.

1.2.11 Change Jurisdiction Codes for SAP Best Practices Cost Centers

This activity removes the standard jurisdiction codes from cost centers in order for Vertex to determine a valid jurisdiction code. The jurisdiction code found by Vertex is based on our default Palo Alto address.

If you want to create different addresses for each cost center, choose Accounting  Controlling  Cost Centers  Master Data  Cost Center  Individual or Collective Processing.

1.2.12 Change Jurisdiction Codes for SAP Best Practices Company Code and Plants

This activity goes through the organizational elements of the SAP Best Practices — company code BP01 and plants BP01 and BP02 — and remove the standard-delivered jurisdiction code from the related addresses in order for Vertex to determine a valid jurisdiction code. The jurisdiction code found by Vertex is based on our default Palo Alto address.

If you want to create a different address for each of the organizational elements, use transaction OBY6 to change the company code address, and transaction OX10 to change the plant addresses.

dont forget to reward me points if it helps you

regards

karthik