cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Standard ESS Travel Abap Webdynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We used to edit ESS Java webdynpro applications by taking a copy of the standard application

with the help of Track created in Enterprise Portal.

Now we have switched Travel Application from Java Webdynpro to Abap Webdynpro.

and there is a requirement come up which requires the modification of standard WDA Application

for Travel Request.

Please let me know the procedure.

Can we take the copy of that Entire package and do the necessary changes in the copied Application

or can we proceed by editing the standard code ?

If we are taking the copy of the Entire package does the configuration will affect on copied Application?

Warm Regards

Hari Sankar M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will recommend you that donu2019t edit the standard code , you can make the copy of it and then

Do the changes ..

The copy of the Entire package will not affect your Configuration .

1st do this in Development Server test the full cycle then only move to Quality Server and then Production Server.

to be in safer side before making copy of it prepare the configuration document with screen shots which exits in Development Server.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done Modifications through Enhancement Frame work.

Warm Regards

Hari Sankar M

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have done a similar excersise and enhanced the standard component "FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA*. It works fine in developement. Now when we trying to transport this to quality, we see that the enhancement component is capturing nearly 700 standard object and hence taking 6 hours to get released. I am afraid it would take time to transport as well.

Was wondering if we could transport only the enhancement part with out transporting the entire component.

Appreciate immediate reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari Sankar,

I have done this in my last project. You can enhance the WD Component only if you are adding functionality. Be careful to find the right component and methods. You usually do not make the change on the application itself.

If you want to tweak what the standard code does, that is a modification. If that, then I would advise you look into the configuration capabilities and the personalization if that meets the requirement.

Copying the component is going to be very hard. I would definitely not get into that at all costs since the Travel WDA uses the FPM framework as well. The links between the components are very complicated to simply copy and edit the z compoenent. It does not work like that.

Another thing: The specific challenge for the travel request is that the component you will need to change is being shared by the Expense report. It is the general data visual component. Be careful with that as you will have to differentiate in the code that you are calling it for the travel request.

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like Bala said, You can 'enhance' the WDA Application, if you are on NetWeaver 7 EhP1. I would go this route instead of copying the whole application in to a custom version.

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari,

In addition to what Vivek has said you dont change the standard code but you can enhance the standard code(check the enhancement framework related blogs) or else create a z component(no need of copying entire package) and start working on that

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri