cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6 EHP6 upgrade : R3trans received signal 11 from operating system

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm updating our ECC6.0 system to EHP6.

All the previous phases ran fine. We are now in the roadmap phase "Execution" and encounter a problem in phase MAIN_TRANSEXEC/TABIM_TRANS_PRE.

The log file TABIMTRNSPRE.ELG shows the following error messages :

Calling '/usr/sap/SE1/DVEBMGS10/exe/tp' failed with return code 13, check

/oracle/SE1/sapdata1/SUM/abap/log/SAPup.ECO for details'

3WETP000 [42] twimport, at 0x525c2c

3WETP000 [43] nlsui_main, at 0x58fdde

4 ETW000 end of log fragment of child 00000025093

4 ETW000 child process rc = 12

4 ETW690 COMMIT "4515853" "20667211"

2EETW000 import portion 000226 - 000229 not imported because the child

processes died for unknown reason

2EETW000 import portion 000230 - 000232 not imported because the child

processes died for unknown reason

2EETW000 import portion 000233 - 000245 not imported because the child

processes died for unknown reason

2EETW000 import portion 000246 - 999999 not imported because the child

processes died for unknown reason

4 ETW000  [     dev trc,00000]  Mon Jun 11 20:50:50 2012

                            22389766  48.966601

4 ETW000  [    dbcrtab ,00000]  ***LOG BY7=>invalid cursor specified 0

       for database selection

4 ETW000

                                 26  48.966627

4 ETW690 COMMIT "512" "20667723"

3WETP000

1AETW000 Caught signal 11 SIGSEGV (SEGV_MAPERR) Address not mapped to

object (at 2900350032)

3WETP000 [20] tw_write_import_portion, at 0x5503de

3WETP000 [21] tw_release_children, at 0x550011

3WETP000 [22] twimport, at 0x523114

3WETP000 [23] twimport, at 0x525c2c

3WETP000 [24] nlsui_main, at 0x58fdde

1AETP000 R3trans received signal 11 from operating system.

1 ETP111 exit code           : "13"

The SAP system is running on Solaris 10 X86_64 / Oracle 11.2.0.3.

I've updated the kernel to level 7.20 / patch level 201.

I've applied the following patches to the SAP tools upon the kernel

package 201 :

R3check_210-20006734.SAR

R3ta_221-20006734.SAR

R3trans_221-20006734.SAR

dw_221-20006734.sar

dw_utils_220-20006734.sar

tp_219-20006734.sar

R3ldctl_221-20006736.SAR

R3load_221-20006736.SAR

R3szchk_221-20006736.SAR

lib_dbsl_215-20006736.sar

and DBATL720O10_24-20006736.SAR

The SUM package used is :

SUM10SP04_3-20006678.SAR

If anyone of you already came into this situation , I would appreciate your help.

I've opened an OSS call in the meantime.

Best regards,

Steve.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Got a workaround from SAP :

the new dbsl patch 215 of kernel 7.20 seems to have a memory problem,

which I'm currently analyzing. Another customer after a similar problem

used patch 201, which solved it. Could you please download the package

SAPEXEDB_201, extract it and exchange only the file dboraslib.so in yourupgrade directory '/usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS10/exe'?

This would be a workaround for the time being. I'm trying to find and

correct the error in the last patch and prepare a new patch as soon as

possible. Please let me know if it works with 201.

Kind regards

We restarted the SUM and it' is OK so far !

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Steve.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just to let you know :

Dear Steve,

this is a bug in R3trans which is currently under investigation by our

developers. I hope we can provide a fix for this issue on Monday next

week.

Best regards,

I'll keep you posted once the fix is delivered.

Regards,

Steve.


former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There seems to be some memory issue and the OS has issued a SIGSERV error meaning segmentation fault.

Check if there is sufficient swap space.

Also you can reboot the system and then start with the upgrade.

Use resource-minimized mode in such a case.

Regards

Ratnajit

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ratnajit,

I tried this and still get the same results.

I'm using the resource minimized template already.

SAP answers to my message saying this is a known problem and they are currently working on it.

Seems like I' ll have to wait .

Thanks !

Steve.