Former Member
0 Kudos

We have created a Posting rule which in set up as follows:

Posting Area 1

Dr Cash

Cr ACH In

Posting Area 2

Dr ACH In

Cr CC Clearing Account ( Posting Type clear Cr GL Account)

The idea is that we would already have posted amounts on the debit CC Clearing Account and when the EBS runs it should recognize the amounts on the Dr side already posted and clear the same while posting on the Cr Side.

The Posting Area 1 posts correctly, however even though the Dr side already has an equivalent amount posted on the CC Clearing Account, the EBS Posting Area 2 with Posting Type (Clear Cr GL Account) does not clear and posts an Account Posting with a payment advice.

For post processing if we go through FEBA and simply click on the payment advice item and hit save button it clears both debit and credit on the CC Clearing Account.

Any comments on why the system is not clearing the entries posted on Dr and entry posted by EBS on the Cr of CC Clearing Account is highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member581688
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried setting up the posting rule in area 1 only?

Posting Area 1

Dr Cash

Cr CC Clearing Account ( Posting Type clear Cr GL Account)

Normally area 2 is only needed for posting to the subledger (customers/vendors).

Regards,

Shannon

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to route it through the ACH accounts and move it to AR CC Clearing accounts due to financial reporting purposes.

Is there anyway we can acheive the account clearing in Posting Area 2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can this be done through a user exit which states that do Posting Rule X and then Posting Rule Y?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the error I get when we run the FF.5 for posting area 2.:

ACH In-CC USD 1,000.00

A/R MC/VISAClearUSD 1,000.00 WRBTR >>>>>>>>>> Error: (F5 263) The difference is too large for clearing

A/R MC/VISAClearUSD 1,000.00 WRBTR Attempt: Posting on account to account 0000121212 with posting key 50 and amount USD 1,000.00

Document 100010131 was posted in company code 1100

Payment advice S 0000121212 020000273900001 created

former_member581688
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll preface my answer by saying that I don't have much experience with posting area 2 - and the little experience I have is only with clearing customers/vendors. Based on the messages in your last post, it appears that it may be possible to clear the ledger via posting area 2, however, I cannot say with certainty that it will work.

I can tell from the messages in your last post that EBS is trying to match on amount (WRBTR) and it is not finding a single open item in the CC Clearing Account with an amount of $1000. When unable to match the line items, EBS gives the error (F5 263) The difference is too large for clearing.

Does the bank statement item need to clear multiple items that add up to $1000? Or were there multiple open items in the CC Clearing Account for exactly $1000. Either situation can lead to the F5 263 error.

If the bank statement item needs to clear multiple line items that add up to $1000, then you'll need to use either a search string or a user exit to help EBS identify the items to clear.

If there were multiple open items for $1000 - will that be a normal occurance in the production environment or was that just a situation produced by too much test data for the same amount? If it will be a normal occurrence in production, then you'll need either a search string or user exit.

Regards,

Shannon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there a way to tell the system to match the open items based on amount and earliest date if the same amount exists on two open items?

All scenarios you stated are valid in production since we have one to many (Lumpsum to many open items) and one to one Lumpsum to one open item) matching requirement.

We have on record 88 an account number and also within the open item we have the account number listed on the line item text.

The issue is how to tell the system that first match on account number, then if two open items with same amount exist, select the open item with the earliest date.

How can we use search strings for this or would a custom alogrithm need to be written?

former_member581688
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think your best option is to use the EBS user exit ZXF01U01 (enhancement FEB00001/function EXIT_RFEBBU10_001). Within the user exit you will have access to all information for the current transaction being processed. Determine if the transaction is one that needs the special clearing logic and then have the exit query the open items and determine the ones to be cleared. Once the documents to be cleared are determined, they should be populated in table T_FEBCL. The EBS processing will then use the documents in the table to clear the transaction.

Regards,

Shannon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try this option as suggested.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirti,

I am also getting the same error message from the SAP System:

>>>>>>>>>> Error: (F5 263) The difference is too large for clearing

Attempt: Posting on account to account 0000001002 with posting key 40 and amount USD 5,734.00

Document 100000000 was posted in company code ABCD.

However, unlike your situation, I am just using the posting area 0001. Could you please guide me as to what you did to resolve your issue?

Thanks,

V.

former_member209616
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Maintain the accounts in FBKPAutomatic postingsExchange Rate Dif.: Open Items/GL Acct.

Also,check in OBY6 for your company code--No forex rate diff when clearing in LC.

See if it helps.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirti,

Could you please let me know if your requirement of clearing open item of same amount with earliest date first is addressed. If yes, could you please share your solution how you resolved it. I've an exact requirements here.

Thanks,

Durga.

Answers (0)