cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E613 SYST: You cannot determine the period for rule IT to 27.01.12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All Experts,

I am facing below error while creating asset via AS21 ( Group Asset ) for Income Tax BLOCK purpose.

E613 SYST: You cannot determine the period for rule IT to 27.01.12

For this I searched forum , got similar threads replied but not solved. I went through the threads and and performed the steps but didn't luck any more still facing same issue.

The steps I followed :

1 ) I performed OA84 for generating period control rules. Where I didn't found rule IT there. I dont know why SAP didn't came with rule IT.

2 ) Second I read the SAP Note 357345 it is directing to generate the rule at own in OAVH for not defined rules. I don't understand what logic to follow to configure this element in OAVH ?

3 ) I checked in AFAMP my period control method which is used in AFAMA is IN1 and presented in AFAMP also. With following details :

IN1

Period control method for IT depreciation - India

IT

IT

NL

NL

Then how SAP saying that correct rule IT ? Although there is no description given for IT.

Basically I am dealing with Income Tax Depreciation for Indian company code. And I don't understand how to achieve half yearly depreciation concept. If anybody has gone through this earlier for Indian company code please guide or provide some inpurts to head start. Guidance will be really appreciable.

Regards,

Sharvari Joshi.

P.S. : I recetly gone through this [SYST: You cannot determine the period for rule 02 to 31.01.10|; and where Bernhard saying that ANLB-PERFY should be 24 in my case it is 12, so where should I change this to 24, I mean which to T.code to use ?

Edited by: Sharvari Joshi on Jan 27, 2012 11:36 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshi,

Did you change any Asset accounting customization recently (related to table T093C).If yes then please let me know.

Please understand that the system is prompted the error because your Asset is linked to a group asset and there the customizing regarding the period control is not set.

I have just analyzed the reason why this error is happening and it is occurring due to an incomplete customizing or missing of Customization data in Define Calendar Assignments Transaction Code OAVH.

IMG Menu Financial Accounting - Asset Accounting - Depreciation - Valuation Methods - Period Controls - Define Calendar Assignments.

Configuration Purpose

Here we define the Period controls to be used for IT depreciation. As per Indian IT Act, if asset is purchased during Apr-Sep, full year depreciation must be provided. Else, half year depreciation must be provided. For this purpose only here we need to do customization in OAVH. (with your Fiscal Year Variant)

In Indian Scenario, we use Group asset for Income tax depreciation..

All the different types of asset are clubbed under one group asset and each group asset will have its own asset class and depreciation Key.

Please do the above said customization and let me know

Best regards,

Manu

SAP GD

Edited by: manucs on Jan 29, 2012 4:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi, Manu, Srinu sir.

Thanks alot for all your replies. How to configure OAVH is my actual qustion ! I can see that there is no IT rule maintained so what details need to be maintained in

FV , Per C, Year, Mo, Dy, Period, and MidMonth

Please guide if you have any idea.

As well as I have some doubts :

1 ) For achieving half yearly depreciation calculation is OAVH configuration is enough ?

2 ) Currently I am using IN2 depreciation key in asset master, will this achieve this half yearly depreciation criteria ?

3 ) Or anyehere else I need to perform configuration ?

Please guide or provide some experts input.

@ Manu : I havent changed any configuration in T093C.

@ Ravi sir : I did 24 and one of the error solved. But could you please tell me significance of that value ( 24 ) ?

@ Srinu sir : Thank you for solution. What details need to maintained.

Regards,

Sharvari Joshi.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAMS

Select your multi level method

Click on levels

Change the base value (change this to 24 - Net book value)

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Period rule is nothing but posting inverval at OAYR

Go to OAYR and select your company code and double click on posting rules....here you can see Period interval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivasa,

Thank you for your quick reply. I checked in OAYR it is selected as Monthly as I want to post the depreciation monthly.

Is it wrong configuration ?

Regards,

Sharvari Joshi.

former_member220489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Entries must be defined in OAVH for the combination of your company code FY and Period Control Method.

Regards,

Srinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All Experts,

Any guidance ?

Regards,

Sharvari Joshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharvari,

Can you please check whether the Asset accounting Fiscal year change & Fiscal year close have been carried out correctly?

I remember that some time back I had seen a message similar to this, but not sure what was the solution for it. But you can check this and see let me know.