cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Recruit New Password for Unregistered Applicant

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running E-Recruit 3.0 and MySAP ERP 5.0

Can someone tell me how SAP knows where to send the email for a new password generation (and how this functionality works in general)?

It is not working for us - for registered nor un-registered applicants. There is an email address on the business partner, but it's in the Address-Independent Communication section, not the standard communication section, and not on the SU01 user record. (speaking of which, how does the SU01 get populated and can I select those fields in configuration as well?).

I found a workflow: HRRCF_SEND_PASSWORD, but I don't know if it is configured properly or what is missing: Task Group: 51900004 there are no agents assigned.

Can someone help me configure this workflow and tell me how to make this work?

Thanks for any insight... I'll take whatever you can give.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right,

first of all assign a printer to WF-BATCH. And additionally create a candidate for the WF-BATCH user via the report rcf_create_user.

The WF-BATCH is responsible for all workflow based correspondence.

The relation you mentioned are created by the rcf_create_user. Those relationships are basic requirements for users working with e-recruiting. Internal candidates (employees) will have the CP-P relation. External candidates like applicants won't have this connection.

While internal candidates are either created by the report or ALE, external candidates are created by the registration process.

Edited by: Sebastian Menger on Feb 24, 2009 8:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you. I already have a printer assigned to WF-BATCH, and there is already a Candidate assignment - however it is to a terminated employee (in Production). Should I re-assign?

In Dev - when I run the program rcf_create_user to assign WF-BATCH, it requires me to enter a Personnel Number. We tried using a fake number, but that doesn't seem to help me either (at least not in Development). I'm wondering if I should delete the existing relationships (in dev) and re-create.

Do I need to run the HR_Sync_Person job again after creating the candidate for WF-Batch?

Sorry to sound so dense, but I inherited E-Recruit without much (any) training so I'm trying to piece it all together one step at a time.

Thank you for the help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

WF-BATCH does not need to have a P relation.

Infact when you run RCF_CREATE_USER, just use a dummy pernr and a dummy position.

WF-BATCH user requires a printer and also a email ID.

We also have setup WF-BATCH with SAP_ALL.

Your best bet would be to delete the CP to P,BP,NA relations for US-WF-BATCH and then try running RCF_CREATE_USER for WF-BATCH with a dummy pernr, position and an email....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all!

I had to maintain the relationships in OOVK to allow me to do the deletion in PP01 (I didn't want to re-set the time constraint on the B650 Candidate relationship, so I didn't delete that one), and then I re-ran RCF_CREATE_USER and did as you suggested.

In Dev, it worked! I really appreciate the help.

I really think the problem must revolve around the assignment to a terminated employee. Knowing that I can use a Dummy Pernr & Position made the difference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil:

A question, could you tel me, How I can assign a printer to user WF-BATCH ?

I hope you can help me.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Use tx: SU01 - Defaults tab. Don't use LOCL printer, try to use a system defined printer.

Regards,

Laural

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura:

Your answer helped me very much, the workflow now run correctly.

Thank you Laura.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the following things :

1. The candidate assignment for the user WF-BATCH might be missing as there might be an

exception while executing the class method CL_HRRCF_CANDIDATE-GET.

2. A printer (Output device - If that's what you meant) of type LP01 is

assigned to the user WF-BATCH ( I have checked it using transaction SU01)

By using the T code so01 we can actually try and send mails.Using the T code SCOT and also SOST we can get the status of the messages.

You may check with these things...For sure there is some configuration missing which is not allowing the mails to be triggered from the portal end.

Thanks.

Pramathesh Gupta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Pramathesh, that was helpful, but I'm still confused...

I'm checking item #1, which you suggested and have found that there is indeed a candidate assignment, via Central Person, however the CP is also assigned to a PERNR - and this person is terminated (though the CP-B209 relationship is still active).

Here are the CP relationships that I have for the user WF-BATCH:

CP - B207 - BP

CP - B208 - US (WF-BATCH)

CP - B209 - P (person is termed, but relationship ends 12/31/9999)

CP - B650 - NA

Do I really need the CP to be related to a PERNR? How do others handle this so as to avoid the termination issue (or the risk that the terminated employee's personal userid will be deleted)? I really think this is the core of my problem.

Regards,

Laural