cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mailing invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone give me some pointers on e-mailing invoices (or other documents) from the SDK? I was thinking in the lines of creating a PDF document and then attaching that to the e-mail. Please can anyone who has had a similar problem please give me some advice! I cannot e-mail the standard jpg format as the quality is not good enough and gives a very bad impression!

Thanks in advance,

Adele

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Since I program in C#, i use af freeware pdf creator called itextsharp. Its quite easy to use, but it is not finished yet, which meens that it has some limitations.

Use google to find the library download

-Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your quick response. My client is currently using CutePDF. Do you know if it's got a library to interface with?

Thanks,

Adele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adele

I havent tried CutePDF, but I suppose it can do the trick 😃

-Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Yes, it can do the trick, but at an extra cost of course. Our client does not want to spend any money on this as he reckons it is SAP Business One that does not work properly. Have you seen what it looks like when you print out an invoice that was e-mailed (as a jpg attachment)?

Any suggestions welcome please!

Thanks,

Adele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

Yes, its not very pretty. I'm afraid the only alternative is to create your own pdf.

I hope you get it sorted out with your client.

- Thomas.

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adele,

Have you considered using the email function within ALD? It is not integrated with the standard email system in SBO (it connects via your local MAPI client, eg Outlook, rather than using the SMTP mailer program running on the server) but it can email an ALD layout in PDF format (amongst others) that looks identical to the printed version. It would mean rewriting your PLD invoice layout as an ALD layout.

Hope this helps,

Owen