cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mailing Background Job Log from SM36

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

Is there a way that you can set up automatic emailing of the log from a periodic background job set in SM36? I want this log to be sent to few external E-mail IDs.

Let me know.

Thanks

Jagadish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jagadish,

In my previous project we have achieved the same requirement,like sending the mail to particular User Id's

for a background run job.

Check with these steps,

Go to T code S023 > create>enter some name and Title->Folder ->private or shared one>Save->

back button->select name & change then recipient name mail address-->recipient type --->internet

address and then save.

In SM36 before scheduling the job click on spool list recipient and assign the one which you have

created,then you schedule the job ,give some job name and then save.

Before doing the above steps ask your BASIS consultant whether sending mails is active,the same can be

checked in T code SCOT.

Check and revert back whether you are successfful or not.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thank You for the reply.

I think the job log will not be going into spool. I tried exactly what you said before and it gave an error message like "No List available" as the job log is not pushed into the spool.

Is there a way that I can spool the job log?

Thanks

Jagadish

former_member335796
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This facility is not available straight away. With Workflow we can have this in some cases..

There is an external Tool which is certified by SAP for job scheduling is UC4.

With this any sort of dependencies on Job scheduling can be handled effectively. with this tool, you can trigger eMails as required to multiple IDs..

Regards,

Siva