Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Modification Rule at Material Master level & Quality Level update

radulani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We have set dynamic modification rule at material master level since we want to see the impact of DMR (set at material master level) on the quality level of that material. In the inspection plan for that material, at the header level we have kept the DMR fields as blank meaning that DMR is only assigned at the material master level.

However, when the inspection lot is created, the inspection specifications tab of the inspection lot is unable to comprehend the DMR which was assigned at the material level & hence it doesnt change/update the quality level.

Can someone please advise if they have come across this scenario or can someone suggest any steps in order to ensure that quality level is updated even if DMR is assigned only at the material master level?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paulo_zaccaro
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

one doubt: When you say "set at material master level" where you set it ?

In my knowledge you need to kept this information in header level of inspection plan, because when the inspection lot will be create, it can change the values from sample size, according DMR. Follow these steps, and check if works to you.

1. After create DMR, assign in header level of inspection plan;
  2. If you are using a DMR at characteristics level, check if inspections characteristics in operations are kept with DMR too;
  3. Assign sampling procedures with DMR, check in QDB1.

Now, when the inspection lot is created, you can see the DMR working. That's the basics of setup, maybe maybe if you have other problems it is worth reviewing other points. So, I will wait you feedback.

Regards,

Paulo Zaccaro

radulani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Thanks for your response. When I say DMR at material level, it is basically in quality management view of material master where you specify the inspection type. So you have options of selecting auto assignment, insp with task list etc.So here for DMR I have specified the DMR I created. We have already tested DMR at inspection plan header level and that is working fine. We just want to see if DMR that is set at material master level- how it will impact the Quality level?

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks

Rajeev

paulo_zaccaro
Active Participant

Hi R D,

In this case you need to works with setup without task list or material specification, in documentation (F1) you can see "Use: This field is only relevant if you inspect a material without using a task list or material specification.", that is, the DMR will be work with plant, material and inspection type.

Try work with this configuration:

If you need more information, see here: https://help.sap.com/viewer/2bc3ee8d1c83404e8cf62418640004f2/1909.002/en-US/f922bd534f22b44ce1000000...

Here, the document guide you whats you can or cant setup in inspection type for DMR run here.

Regards,

Paulo Zaccaro

radulani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

Thanks a lot for your response. It is extremely helpful. I tried this and it worked. Just have a question, when we set DMR at material master level as above, we cannot do results recording for characteristics right? we can only do UD which will update the quality level right?

Is it possible to combine functionalities of assigning DMR at material master level & also be able to record results, then do UD and then it should update the quality level?

This will then indeed confirm that if you assign DMR at material master level you can only do UD and cannot work with results recording?

Many Thanks,

RD

paulo_zaccaro
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi R D,

This is a scenario that I have never fully assessed. I have a slight idea of how it works, but I suggest you explore SCN further to confirm your doubts.

In my knowledge the results recording is not supported for this setup, you just need to confirm the defects for this inspection lot, but you can do UD normaly, and this will update your Q-level (quality level) as the others scenario. I not confirm it, is necessary search more for this.

Please, as you said answer was helpful, don't forget to accept it. This makes SCN easier when others have the same problem.

Best regards,

Paulo Zaccaro

radulani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Paulo for your assistance. I have marked your answer as Accept !

Best,

RD

radulani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Also Paulo, can you please share an example of the config that we need to maintain if we want to test out how DMR assigned at inspection characteristic level will impact the quality level? currently, for this scenario i have maintained DMR in inspection plan header level by selecting option '03 dmr at insp char level' and assigned that DMR in the inspection characteristic. So when I did the results recording, the char to which I had assigned this DMR was appearing as read only and i couldn't record any result for it which eventually did not change the quality level since that char was basically showing as no valuation.

Is there anything that need to be configured at the inspection char level for this scenario?

Many thanks

RD

paulo_zaccaro
Active Participant

Hello R D,

check in inspection characteristics, there you have a colunm "Modification rule". Did you keep updated ? If not, updated there with your DMR and repeat the process for check if Q-level run.

Regards,

Paulo Zaccaro

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Abhishek_Parab
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

In the inspection plan Set the DMR level as Inspection type and please create a Quality Level using QDL1 for the material and check.

Let me know if you are not able to see the DMR in the Inspection specification.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhishek Parab.